Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I want my husband to have more friends!

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 4 Replies
DH has been working very hard this last year and a half, getting his Airframe and Powerplant license, because he's an aviation mechanic. Through that school, he's made a few friends, but only two stand out as people he regularly talks to away from class. Its time to start inviting people to a surprise party on his behalf (and his two friends, since I'm friends with their wives), but I can't think of more than six people to invite! Everyone else is inviting their families and mutual friends, and I want to do the same! However, he isn't that close to his stepsister, and his dad won't do much without his wife's (dh's stepmom) ok. I'm worried that the guest list won't include many people he's close to. My parents are already throwing him a party, and they want him to have a celebration separate from that one to let loose with friends. Go ahead, tell me I'm being ridiculous. :) I just wanted to invite people who wanted to share in his accomplishment, and not many of them live in even this time zone.

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I don't think it's ridiculous to want as many people as you can get to come and celebrate your husband's accomplishment. It's a shame there aren't more friends but by the same token a smaller celebration can sometimes be even more fun. :)

RADmomma
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I'm sorry. Maybe the two friends can help make suggestions.

Maybe he'd prefer a smaller more intimate gathering
armywifey1983
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Its a surprise party for the three of them, so the guys know nothing. :) I also invited his stepsister and her husband, hopefully that doesn't backfire on me. They have different personalities, and I don't know if thats a good or bad thing yet.

Quoting RADmomma:

RADmomma
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Ahh. I read your post wrong!! Sorry.

Quoting armywifey1983:

Its a surprise party for the three of them, so the guys know nothing. :) I also invited his stepsister and her husband, hopefully that doesn't backfire on me. They have different personalities, and I don't know if thats a good or bad thing yet.

Quoting RADmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)