Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

KIndergarden First Day

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi everyone. I am a new member to the site. So, my son starts kindergarden next Monday I am seeking some ideas from you experienced mothers. I am concerned he my not be ready to ride the school bus. Any advises? thanks

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM

For kindergarten prep  we practiced bus safety rules, sang  wheels on the bus, etc.  The bus driver will likely go over the rules as well for all the students riding.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I feel lucky that my kids have always lived close enough to school to not need to ride the bus.  We now live in a new area and they have the option, but so far I've just been taking them/picking them up.  Is that an option for you?

Honestly, I'm sure your son will be fine.  Often the drivers will have the younger kids sit closer to the front and keep a good eye on them, as well as go over bus rules, etc.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I think you may be surprised. My girls both rode the bus for Kindergarten and both were super excited to have the chance. To many kids, the bus is the symbol of being a "big kid" and going to school so to get to ride the bus is a major achievement for them. Plus, as amonkeymom said, bus drivers usually have Kindergarteners sit up in the front few rows to they can keep an eye on them and talk to them and allay their fears if they have any. :)

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

RADmomma
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM
We homeschool so I don't have any advice.

Good luck. I hope he love school.
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM

drive him?

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Sam starts tomorrow and will be riding the bus
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)