Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Am I wrong???

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

I  have a stalker it's my hubby's cousin everything I do or we do they do the same thing .now get this her daughter will be attending the same school as my daughters this sept  and I am not happy ..her son slipped up and said my sister is going to be coming to your house after school ...I'm like huh what ?? So the daughter quickly comes over and says  no I'm not be quiet and he says yes you are remember that's what mommy said...so I'm looking at them like oh he'll no!!!!so that means that they already discussed  her being at my house after school...but she hasn't asked me yet...but I know she's planning on asking me ...I've been watching her kids for sooo long since they were little doing favors for her when school was closed but I'm sorry just like I sacrificed my hours at work  my hubby and me juggle the responsibility  with our kids . I feel her and her hubby should do the same !!!am I wrong??? What do you guys think ??

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I'm not sure what you think could be wrong. That you're overwhelmed helping her? That you feel she should have asked first? That you don't want to be obligated to care for another child?

In any case, no I don't think that is wrong
lisabiron3
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Quoting Coffee43:

I  have a stalker it's my hubby's cousin everything I do or we do they do the same thing .now get this her daughter will be attending the same school as my daughters this sept  and I am not happy ..her son slipped up and said my sister is going to be coming to your house after school ...I'm like huh what ?? So the daughter quickly comes over and says  no I'm not be quiet and he says yes you are remember that's what mommy said...so I'm looking at them like oh he'll no!!!!so that means that they already discussed  her being at my house after school...but she hasn't asked me yet...but I know she's planning on asking me ...I've been watching her kids for sooo long since they were little doing favors for her when school was closed but I'm sorry just like I sacrificed my hours at work  my hubby and me juggle the responsibility  with our kids . I feel her and her hubby should do the same !!!am I wrong??? What do you guys think ??

lisabiron3
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM

It's only fair if she's doing things for you as well! It's a 2 way street.  I'll be honest you are being takin advantage of in a big way!! I hate it when people push their own kids off on other people like you don't have a life! ITS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY and do not feel like you have to because your related by marriage. If anything put it on your husband it's his cousin. I suggest you woman up and lay down the law my friend!!! I hate to see poeple getting walked on like that!!

Coffee43
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Thank you ladies I appreciate the advice ...that's exactly what I'm going to do,,,,I am being used !!,I think she keeps tabs on me .its a shame that I'm just opening my eyes to this situation and a lot of other situations but it's ok things are about to change. Thanks again ladies

Coffee43
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Quoting HIJKLM:

I'm not sure what you think could be wrong. That you're overwhelmed helping her? That you feel she should have asked first? That you don't want to be obligated to care for another child?

In any case, no I don't think that is wrong

Hi HIJKLM,I have 3 children my 2 daughters already attended this charter school and in order to get there you have to catch public transportation ...this will be her daughters first year attending this school ...when school is done for the day my daughters get on the bus and come home ...I actually rode the bus with them to show them how to do it  I was nervous for my girls but they had to do it. Now this girl would have to catch one more bus to get to her house where my daughters get off and walk up the street home.and on top of that her mom and dad both work and don't get off until 5:30 she will be in the house until her mom and dad get home...sheis 11 yo and if you saw her you would think she is way older!!! I feel like this ...I have turned down extra hours , promotions,and a lot of other things at my job because I needed to be there for my children ....my hubby too he leaves his job early on certain days so he can pick them up from volley ball practice ,things like that so if we can do it so can they!!! 

Coffee43
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Quoting lisabiron3:

It's only fair if she's doing things for you as well! It's a 2 way street.  I'll be honest you are being takin advantage of in a big way!! I hate it when people push their own kids off on other people like you don't have a life! ITS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY and do not feel like you have to because your related by marriage. If anything put it on your husband it's his cousin. I suggest you woman up and lay down the law my friend!!! I hate to see poeple getting walked on like that!!

Hi lisabiron, yes I hate that too I have three children to tend to and when they get home from school  we have a daily routine that we follow and I don't have time for any extra or added stress I'm rushing as it is because my son gets out of school at 3 so I'm leaving my job at 2:30 to go pick him up..oh did I mention that I'm a teacher also I teach learning disability children I have a classroom of nine children in kindergarten....I love my job but I had to do a lot of sacrificing ...I cut my hours which meant less pay I turned down a promotion I mean tons of things ...so to me I'm like look if my hubby and me can sacrifice for our children then that's what her and her hubby has to do....I am being used and now she's going to try to use my girls ...oh no it's not going to happen !!!smh oh well I guess I will be losing what I thought was a friend but the more I think about it the clearer it gets.

lisabiron3
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Hey a  mother has to do what a mother has to do right? If she is a true friend she will understand that you responsibilities come 1st. Point blank bottom line. Why have kids if your going to pass them off to other people, thats crazy to me.

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Well the fact that she just assumed that u would do it is wrong but I do feel family should always be willing to help each other out and if u already planed to be home with ur children why can't she come over to and it's also good for ur daughter as well she might just develop a life long friendship
It does kind suck if she is taking advantage of u and never helps u out in any way but family is family and in this case it also for the kid as well and I dont see the big deal with having a cousin over after school
Coffee43
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

Well the fact that she just assumed that u would do it is wrong but I do feel family should always be willing to help each other out and if u already planed to be home with ur children why can't she come over to and it's also good for ur daughter as well she might just develop a life long friendship
It does kind suck if she is taking advantage of u and never helps u out in any way but family is family and in this case it also for the kid as well and I dont see the big deal with having a cousin over after school

Hi Paige's mommy, when it comes to family and their children it seems that everyone looks at me to watch their children I've been there for her since her children were born sometimes having 6 small children running around the house I now am pulling back because I feel like I'm being used ...I dont know if they think that just because I'm a teacher that I'm going to baby sit or what .Her daughter needs to learn just like I taught mine ...and I feel like if she can always call on me then she'll never teach her daughter responsibility. I'm taking a huge pay cut to leave my job go pick up my son from school help him with his homework ...then my daughters get home abt 4 while they do their homework I cook dinner then check over their homework I may wash clothes or whatever and this is all after me being at work .point is that my hubby and me work it out and I think that her and her hubby need to sit down and talk they both can't work long hours one of them have to sacrifice just like we did.
Coffee43
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lisabiron3:

a  mother has to do what a mother has to do right? If she is a true friend she will understand that you responsibilities come 1st. Point blank bottom line. Why have kids if your going to pass them off to other people, thats crazy to me.

Hey yes I agree...now if it was just her It would be a different story but I feel like her and her hubby need to sit down and discuss how THEY are going to work it out . One of them should cut their hours or something .i feel like I've been a good friend I've always watched her children when school is closed and school hiolidays becaus I'm off on those days as well . I try to live my life without inconveniencing others especially when it comes to our children .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)