Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bad Dream and freakin out!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:37 AM
  • 5 Replies
I just had worst most vivid dream.....EVER!!!!! I went back to my car after 3 hours...not sure what I was doing in my dream but I went to open van and there was my toddler in hot car and for some reason one window down....I was in town I dont know and got her and ran for help and someone took me to hospital by running across road with cart to lead the way....I get there and tell the admissions person she is dehydrated vs left in care (why did I lie)....and finally they get tubes in her and my husband gets there and they call us up to say she is ok rigt now but they have a few questions....they have us look into a monitor with a few people around and ask me wht happened....i burst into tears and say that i forgot she was with me and thought my husband had her. And was skocked when got to car and fell to floor in tears and sadness. After that, I woke up! Ran to her crib and had to hold her. it was sooooo vivid! Any ideas on meaning or interpretation? It was soooooo scary!
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ariellasmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Dream dictionary ( you should be able to find one online or in your local library.) Sorry you had this dream hugs
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Welcome!

I'm sorry you had a scary dream.  I've had a few heartbreaking dreams about my kids before too and always wake up so grateful that they're ok, safe and doing well.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe that you are paranoid about leaving your daughter in the car?  Or that you are terrified something will happen to her.  I am not sure.  I agree with first response.  Check out a dream dictionary.

MammaPK
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM

So sorry about your dream!!!

Rather than hidden meanings, it is probably (like other moms have suggested) one of those concerns that you have in the back of your mind, especially since it is summer, and, also, we hear these stories on the news, sometimes.

Concerned moms think about their responsibilities to their children. Obviously, you have your baby on your mind.  A lot of times, I dream about things that I have on my mind, too.

I will share a story with you:

I used to have nightmares about my child being accidentally dropped from a high place.  One of those places was the Galleria in Houston. You know how ~ in many large indoor malls ~ you can look out over the floor below.  Well, you can look over the ice skating rink at that mall.  I had been there several times in my life and was living near that mall at the time that I had a dream about my daughter slipping out of someone's arms and falling to the floor below.

I was sick, I mean just devastated!  Well, it never happened.  I can assure that my baby girl is 22 years old now and has never been dropped or fallen from a high place.  She is even expecting her first baby girl, now!...ninth month...

I have four other kiddos, too, and no falling/dropping tragedies with them either!

I've had the falling/dropping dreams occassionally throughout the years and do have a little bit of a fear of heights, so might have something to do with it. Lol!

Take comfort that, even in your dreams, you are concerned with protecting you're little girl and fear for her safety.

Luck and Luv,

PK

Reina13
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM

That is scary. I used to have really bad dreams about my kids too. I think as parents we all do just because we worry about them all the time.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN