Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

small town big problem, my bad!

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:35 PM
  • 23 Replies
yesterday was a beautiful day outside. my husband, and i decided to go over our neighbor's house and chit chat a bit.  so we went over with the 3 boys and we decided to fly a kite, well all the kids in the neighborhood saw the kite and came over, they all were taking turns holding it and all of a sudden the wind picked up and the kite went into the electric wires, it wrapped around 3 wires and squeezed them together. there was nothing we could do. well i had to go inside my house and thats when i found out that the electric was out! yup, thats right we, caused the electric to go out in this whole town!! it took about 5 hours to get everything back to normal- it was pretty entertaining watching the fire department getting the kite down, people were out side in their lawn chairs watching!! lol- one good thing did come out of this, we saw families outside playing, we had conversations with people we haven't talked to in a long while, and we learned where not to fly a kite!!! lol!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sassymom78
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:37 PM
That was too funny...LOL..:)
AlabamaMom2
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:38 PM
Sounds like my luck! At least you had a good time and the neighbors didn't look like and angry mob out of an old horror movie!!Wink
mandyandthree
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:41 PM
 LOL  Wish I could find away to meet new people around me I thought of sending my kids to knock on doors but they are shy and so am I.
camir
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:41 PM
LOL THAT HAD TO BE EMBARRASING.......  THAT IS FUNNY...
momof2sweetboys
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:44 PM
That's pretty funny!  Well look at the bright side, you definately made a memory.  Oh and you'll be remembered as "that couple that knocked out the power" LOL
guam_mama
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2007 at 2:48 PM
LOL! What a cute story!
Kellymomof2
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:50 PM
How funny!  See?  You brought on some quality family bonding time!  That's what we call it when the power goes out!  That's funny!
Adnil
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:50 PM
lol..that is too funny...well, at least its something you will always remember and laught about. :)

Linda
Isabella706
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:52 PM
Made me smile.
Rejired
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:01 PM
Oops!  But what a great story.    Besides, no one was hurt, just a little inconvenienced.  Our neighbors knocked out power to our whole area by cutting down a tree.  They took the power lines with it.  Just one of those things, I suppose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)