Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Seriously......What the heck is wrong with kids today?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have just read two stories of kids between the ages of 15 to 17, killing people for no damn good reason. One man was killed for money. He was an 88 yr old man. The other was the college student, taht two boys killed and admitted they did it for the fun of it because they were bored. How much shame do their mothers feel? How much guilt? How much anger?

Something needs to be done about today's youth. I dont know what, but damn, something should be done.

Here the links to the stories I speak of:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/23/20159691-da-teens-accused-in-ballplayers-slaying-wont-be-charged-with-hate-crimes

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/23/20145461-teen-charged-second-sought-in-beating-death-of-wwii-vet-88-in-spokane-wash?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=5

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (11-15):
Kriskash25
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM

IMO I think there are many factors but here's my top 3 factors:

1) Passive parenting, with little to no boundaries & discipline

2) A breakdown in the original family dynamic.

3) Parents in denial of mental illness and/or behavioral disorders

trainlady
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Most of these children don't have any kind of upbringing. A lot of them are the result of their mother getting pregnant at ages 13, 14, 15 and so on. They weren't grown up and so don't know how to raise their kids. A lot are kids that were made so that their mother could stay on welfare. If a mother has a child under school age she doesn't have to go out and look for work. Most of the kids do not have a responsible father to guide them. So they are starting out way behind the ball when they are born. There is no decent family structure or upbringing and very quickly they drop out of high school or junior high and have nothing to do but entertain themselves. They can't get a job at their age and even if they could they wouldn't know how to act with a job. They really are bored and lost with no direction. Its terrible and its getting worse everyday. People are being killed or injured every single day in this country from kids like this. How can we stop it? I have no idea. All I can do is pray something will stop it and in the meantime I'm no where near these kids.

Putout
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
It's sad because only the horrific incidents make the news. I have teenagers and the majority of the kids around them are good kids. Each generation is concerned or has issues about the next generation. We are a military family and I tell people come see the 18 years old in our unit who have joined knowing its not if you go to war but when. You will know this country will be just fine.
minnabird
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM

this is only the beginning....just will continue to get worse as time passes. 

mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I saw those stories and was totally sickened. One problem is when they are minors they know they can basically get away with it. That's one flaw in our laws these days and people know and take advantage of it. They want to play with the bad boys let them do it in adult prison and really learn what it's all about. My town averages about 1 shooting a day. Some a lot more. Until they find a way to put an end to it I will continue to be well armed and protect what's mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)