Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it true...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 51 Replies
Cutting curly hair makes the curls go away? My 5 year old has really curly hair but she really needs a trim. This will be the first time she's gotten a trim/cut. I just don't want her to lose her curls.

A post on here a while ago said that her daughter had these cute ringlets (I think that's what she called them) that were gone after a trim.
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

If that were true there would be no adults with naturally curly hair...

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM
That's what I thought. But a lot of people agreed with her. Maybe it was because they cut their child's hair at a young age?

Quoting terpmama:

If that were true there would be no adults with naturally curly hair...

LoveMyKBabies
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM
All I know is that my 7 year old had curls as a toddler & I cut her hair once & they've been gone ever since :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I could cut my curls out! But, yes, sometimes people have curls as babies, but not as adults.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM
:(

Quoting LoveMyKBabies:

All I know is that my 7 year old had curls as a toddler & I cut her hair once & they've been gone ever since :(
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Depends, my dd had the most beautiful hair ever when she was younger.curls and everything... She hasnt got any of those curls back, just waves. My oldest dd has culs like a perm. I think it just depends on the hair. I also have them like a perm
Kks2003
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

It's true thus far with my 5 year old son.  He had the curliest hair of my three boys.  Everytime we get it trimmed, it gets straighter and straighter.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM
She loves her curls. I don't wanna ruin her hair. I have curly hair as well but my husband, doesn't.

Quoting Dawn4175:

I wish I could cut my curls out! But, yes, sometimes people have curls as babies, but not as adults.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I have really curly hair too. Maybe I'll hold off on the trim for now.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Depends, my dd had the most beautiful hair ever when she was younger.curls and everything... She hasnt got any of those curls back, just waves. My oldest dd has culs like a perm. I think it just depends on the hair. I also have them like a perm
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
:(

Quoting Kks2003:

It's true thus far with my 5 year old son.  He had the curliest hair of my three boys.  Everytime we get it trimmed, it gets straighter and straighter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)