Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am only four weeks and i have so many questions for being a first time mom....HELP!!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 16 Replies

i am four weeks along when should i get and ultrasound done? Can your belly start showing a little bit??? can you have a cravings???? i can not stop eating since a few days ago and im never eat as much as i do now.....is this normal to be only four weeks along?

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I didn't even know at 4 weeks. They generally won't do ultrasounds until around 8 weeks and a lot of OBs won't even see you until then. I didn't start showing until around 27 weeks. Your baby is smaller than a grain of rice right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaylove13
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM
You should go to the doctor & they will tell you when you have a ultrasounds! If you haven't been to the doctor or even had an ultrasound you might be further along then you think
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

No. You don't show at 4 weeks. Cravings don't start at 4 weeks. Are you sure you're only 4 weeks? An ultrasound is usually done after 8 weeks so they can detect a heartbeat, but it's ultimately up to your doctor. There's not much to see at 4 weeks.  Your baby is smaller than a grain of rice right now and does not need you to eat extra just yet.

mommy_me13
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Lol im a first time mom to a 5 month old and i remember being in your shoes!! 4 weeks is a little early though i found out when I was 8 weeks and by that time i was starting to see symptoms such as throwing up and a missed period my cravings didnt start till further along and you probably won't start showing until 4 or 5 months !! Ultrasounds depends on you and your dr !! GO TO THE DR they will help with all other concerns you have...
daytonbaby210
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I found out at five weeks and honestly did not really have cravings than. I did not have an ultrasound done till eighteen to nineteen weeks when they were checking everything and they were able to tell us the sex.

slobbergoose
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I found out at 8 weeks in and never had any cravings out of the ordinary.  I just got really hungry in the middle of the night but was way too tired to get up and get food.  Definitely get that ultrasound for verification of pregnancy and how far along you are.

littlebugs2113
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyone and every pregnancy is different! With my first pregnancy, iI was having morning (all-day sickness) at 4. weeks, and that was the only reasoN I even thought To take a pregnancy test! So, it is possible for u to be having cravings and such. my doc did an ultrasound at 6 Weeks to confirm the pregnancy, but every doc does things differently. you need to go to the doctor, and they'll answer all your questions.
britbritx3
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:58 AM
No cravings at four weeks or any of the things you asked about happen at four weeks..... Enjoy eating while you can cuz if you are one of the unlucky ones like I was I got morning sickness about nine weeks into my pregnancy... Lol congrats tho! You'll learn as you go and your momma instincts will kick in when your baby gets closer to being here :)
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:09 AM
You don't need a doctors appt till 9 weeks, a ultra sound till 20. You should not be eating a ton nor should you be showing. You have a long way to go and you are going to be as big as a house if you already start packing on the pounds. Most women gain nothing the first trimester. I had no symptoms at 4 weeks. A few at 6.
megrh
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I lost about 10lbs cause nothing sounded good and I mean nothing. The earliest they usually do an ultrasound is 10 weeks and that's usually only if they can't pick up the heartbeat on the little audio only deal. Insurance doesn't always like to pay for those before the 20ish week appt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)