Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A newbie intro and a question

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say Happy Monday to all!! I'm giving this site a try to see if I can connect with other mommies. I have three brats...errr darling lil girls. Attitude with a capital TUDE has invaded our house. My two older ones have developed a hate/hate relationship with each other. They have also developed a "I don't have to listen to you" attitude. I swear they used to be cute adorable girls and now I have mean, angry children. Please tell me this happens with age!! They are 10 and almost 8. My oldest does have ADHD so I'm sure that plays a part. My baby is 1!! So it's almost like starting over.

So that's the briefness on my lil ones. I'm married to my wonderful hubby and we will be celebrating 2 years next March. So above mentioned brats are having a hard time adjusting to a daddy in the house. Their father was not around at all so with my hubby around they don't seem to understand that he gets a say in things. That's what happens when it's just us girls for so long.

Any other moms have an ADHD child or have a new family member that the kids had to adjust too?? I'm looking for other moms that are in similar situations that can offer tips and advice and just vent!! Lol, cause I am far from a perfect mommy!!

Thanks ladies and have a great day!
~ Jennifer ~
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MissGore
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

welcome! i have no advice, since my dd is only 3 months, but figured id say something nice, since you'll probably get snotty comments about adhd on here.

just like with any group of women, there are some bit*hes in here.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM
My da is 12 now with ADD/ADHD and haf a very hard time adjusting to someone new. Its anxiety. Thats what my sons doc told me. Ive been with my hubby for 8 yrs married for 1 .. Its a ling road. Good luck i hope they adjust. As for the hate/hate relayiinshi, its normal lol.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Welcome! The attitude definitely comes with the age, my girls are 8 and 12. Just keep enforcing your rules and respect for the new dad is a rule too.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Hopefully it is a stage & wears off soon .  Good luck  :)

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Hello and welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)