Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is your opinion on Miley Cyrus and her groove performance?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 119 Replies
3 moms liked this

I am seeing it all over the net, and that girl got RAUNCHY!!!! If she was my DD, I would be so embarressed and ashamed of her!

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Did not see it but heard it was awful!

villagemamma
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it was honestly really sad... i mean i get it you are dont want to be known as hannah montana anymore but there was no need to go that far off the deep end i mean the girls that grew up with her are still very young and impressionable. Even if you dont want to be a role model, if you are in the public eye it is just a given. SInging about drugs and acting like a crazy hoe on tv was just ick.

aKaRoz
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Unfortunately, anyone with a sensible opinion, is nobody Miley will listen too.  It is a sad train wreck in process (repeat: Lindsey Lohan)  I think it is sadder that the people around her (professionally and personally) are not helping matters.  She is their money train :(

The opportunity we as parents have, is to try to speak to our own children about choices, decisions and behavior.  My daughter grew up on Hannah Montanah and is 16 now.  We live in Los Angeles, so there is plenty of opportunity for trouble to be gotten into.  I have always worked with my daughter on a platform of "age appropriate" choices for her, and I make the final decisions.  We have bad days, good days and even some more better great days.  It's all about balance and lots of patience.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Just awful...

LAXmom21
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Yes it was awful but after watching robin thickes blurred lines UNcensored video with half naked women and foam finger I was not surprised.
I'm wondering if it was Rihanna or lady gaga if people would still be outraged?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this
It was crude. She reminded me of college years. The white trash slut that someone invited as a joke. Hanging all over some guy and thinking she's so sexy but really you throw up in your mouth a little if she so much as bumps into you.
usmc0351wife
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM

It was so trashy and for Robin to be a married man just made that much more trashy.  She is trying to prove something but is going at it all wrong IMO.  

taKENheart
by Flovely on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I get she wants to shed the HM off and move on to a more edgy style but she really doesn't need to take it as far as she is.  I don't know if she took Robin Thicke off guard with her actions or not but if she did then I think he had to let the show go on I guess.  I don't know...I'm not famous.
 If the other stars are as appalled by it as the public then perhaps other stars will think twice before agreeing to perform with her.

I can imagine that the moms that watched it with their young daughters are disgusted.

baquick
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I was horrified at that performance. I actually had NO CLUE that was Miley until someone mentioned it when I saw it today at work on the TV. I was embarrassed for the poor girl.
baquick
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)