Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is your opinion on Miley Cyrus and her groove performance?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am seeing it all over the net, and that girl got RAUNCHY!!!! If she was my DD, I would be so embarressed and ashamed of her!

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
cnoelc
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I also thought it was really sad.  There was just this sense of complete desparation to it.  It cut to her mom at one point, and she was rocking out.  To me that said a lot.  I think if it was my daughter, I'd want to march up on that stage, throw something over her and march her right off the stage.  :)  I understand the argument about how there's a double standard, but I'm thinking of just this single incident where she just seemed so frantic to try to be sexy.

cnoelc
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

That's totally possible.  When we were watching it, though, I do remember commenting that they looked totally unimpressed.  As we all were.

Quoting Arwyn724:

That photo of the Smith family was taken during Lady Gaga's performance.  And if you watch the video it was captured from, it wasnt really a reaction.   Willow's mouth was wide open because she was chewing gum like a cow.  Jaden was actually concentrating in the act, not frowning.  Will was speaking, so his mouth was caught open, and Jada was actually wiping her nose, not covering her mouth in dismay.  The moving footage that the shot was captured from looks normal, just the media 'speculating'.  

That being said, Miley was just disgusting.

Quoting Kks2003:

I thought it was gross. The audience reactions (especially the Smith family) were priceless.

jeda1429
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it was a nasty train wreck ..... Gross.I think she was going for sexy, but it was just wierd.

goodmama85
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
It's always a double standard in this damn country Josie smh.

Quoting Josie_P:

I honestly don't see what was wrong with it. I mean, Miley can't really dance but really. Rappers get on stage and talk about shooting people, pussy popping, and fucking women and nothing is said to them.
goodmama85
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM
You can't post links/web addresses in here.

Quoting ashleyprince33:my co-worker's ex-wife makes $82 an hour on the laptop. She has been fired from work for 8 months but last month her check was $20801 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Here's the site to read more.....WWW.ℛush64.COℳ
melissa959799
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I personally didn't hate it so much because it was raunchy ( lady saga, madonna, act...) I hated it because it was with out talent. It looked like she waited to the night of the show and winged it.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Yes it was awful but after watching robin thickes blurred lines UNcensored video with half naked women and foam finger I was not surprised.

I'm wondering if it was Rihanna or lady gaga if people would still be outraged?

eellison
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I could have done without all the crotch grabbing and air humping.  Seriously, use your talents to wow people.  It was completely raunchy and let's face it, the girl can't dance.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:33 AM

havent seen it..but i heard it was bad

PaganKitty67
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM

It was trashy. I understand wanting to break away from the child star image but she is doing it the wrong way. She is coming off as trashy instead of adult or sexy.

Milisab
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Completely Classless. Not sure what she was thinking but again she is very young and we tend to forget to think at that age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN