Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maternity belt??? UPDATE

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:05 PM
  • 10 Replies
HAS ANYONE EVER HAD TO WEAR A MATERNITY BELT WHILE PREGNANT? 

JUST AN UPDATE///BEEN WEARING THIS CONTRAPTION FOR 2 DAYS NOW...ONLY DURING THE DAY NOT AT NIGHT.  I DO NOTICE A SMALL DIFFERENCE.  HOWEVER, IT TAKES ME FOREVER TO PUT IT ON AND IT IS NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL, AND WITH THE HEAT HERE IN PA, IT ITCHES AND MAKES ME SWEAT.  WHY DOESN'T ANYONE EVER TELL YOU IMPORTANT STUFF WHEN HAVING A 2ND CHILD!?!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhilsBabyMama
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:08 PM
I haven't but I've been seeing them everywhere!  I've  really been wondering if they work too!
firemans_wife
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:09 PM
Yes I did with my last 2. It was a big help. It takes a bit to get used to but it really helps to support your back! They are great! I bought one at Motherhood. (Great store too for maternity clothes. Not real expensive and still stylish)
Tameez
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:11 PM
No, but I just talked with my daughter in law and they told her she should wear one.  She isn't big enough yet, she is only 23 weeks.   I was just over to Babies are us and there were 2 kinds, $25 and $30 each.   

She has alot of tailbone pain.    Her uterus is tilted and that's probably why, it may relieve itself once the baby get's bigger.

Sorry I couldn't help you with your question, just thought it was weird because of just talking with Brandy this afternoon.

Tammie
MOMMIE-O
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:19 PM
I have severe hip problems.  I had them with my first child and visited the chiropractor weekly throughout my pregnancy with her.  This time is the same way, but now I am 6 months pregnant and I am having what the doctors say are contractions but when my uterus contracts my abdomen muscles are spasming and not relaxing after the contraction is over.  the end result is hours of pain and stiffness over my whole stomach area.  it gets hard as a rock.  the doctor is ordering me this maternity belt from a medical supply store.  She told me that the ones sold in stores may not work as well and if you get one prescribed it will support muscles much better and not make the muscles work so hard to hold everything in place.  I also have a tilted uterus so that may be part of the problem.  I hope it works.  I can barely get up the steps without my stomach tightening.  I am so nervous that I will be put on bed rest or something because I won;t be able to do daily household chores without causing these episodes.  I will keep everyone posted...
michellemm
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:21 PM
Yes I did because I walked alot and my big belly made my back hurt.
DawnVirgin
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:23 PM
ya I wore one with my 1st pregnancy since I was so small then got huge right away and it is very uneasy to get used to. I got mine ordered at a med supply store as well. IT helped ALOT
calydu
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:20 PM
I have had to wear one with ALL 4 of mine.

With my first baby I started out with support maternity girdle, moved to belt, and then to girdle with light elastic where belly poked thru.  All 3 were very beneficial.
heystaceyk
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:16 PM
I did with my last one because my hips kept dislocating, my back ached, my son was the largest of my three and was resting on the genital-femoral nerve which felt like a razor hot knife was running right through the middle of my vag all the way down the inside of my leg (sorry to get so personal Embarassed).  It was a LIFESAVER!  I could actually walk when I wore it.  I got mine at Motherhood and loved it.
berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2007 at 11:58 PM
i wore one with my last pregnancy. i had severe back pain and sciatic nerve problems. it was kinda uncomfortable, and made me itch. i am very sensitive to things like metal and velcro both on the belt i had) i had the one that straps above and below your belly so it kinda "lifts" the pressure off of you. it helped my back though. so, if you arent sensitive like my sorry butt, lol, get one. it wont hurt. if you dont like it, give it away, or sell it.
LaylaBeth
by on May. 8, 2007 at 12:02 AM
I wore this god-awful girdle-thing when I was pregnant with my son.  (I was in cosmetology school, and on my feet ALL day.)

I have not had to wear anything special this time around, although for the sake of fashion, I bought a "BellaBand" and LOVE it.  I seldom wear it though, as I am almost always HOT!!!

I should do something though--my back KILLS me a lot lately...

:-/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)