Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

TTC

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 5 Replies
Gm ladies! I'm trying to conceive after having Mirena taken out on Aug 1st and I'm reading stuff about not being able to conceive after Mirena removal. I was wondering how true is this bcuz I'm starting to get discouraged. I am a mom of 6 year old g/b twins already and want to ttc again.
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I think some people do have issues conceiving after but I have three pregnant friends right now who all were on Mirena previously so I think the risk of fertility issues post removal is low. That said, it often takes time for the hormones to work themselves out of your body so if you just had it taken out on the 1st, it may be too early for you to conceive again yet. Your doctor should be able to address your concerns, however, so talk to him/her about it. :)

babie113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM

joing the ttc group .im ttc#2 myself ,im not sure about mirena ive never had it but ask in ttc group good luck

jb0520
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I got pregnant 7 months after removal. I also had tons of complications while it was in so I was really worried u would be able to conceive. Good luck
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hi! Talk to your Doctor, you should be able to get the most informed info on this from them! (I never used Mirena, so I wouldn't be of any help)

Good luck TTC! Enjoy the labor day weekend!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

disastermind
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Well, I don't know how hard it is to get pregnant after having Mirena removed because when I had mine removed, I went with Essure so I wouldn't have any more kids.

I know they said the same thing about coming off the depo shot. I was on that after my oldest son and after my middle son. I got pregnant within a month of coming off. We decided we wanted to try having a baby so I came off, thinking it would take some time and I got pregnant right away.

You just came off at the beginning of the month. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't. A month isn't very long for trying. Give it some time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)