Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Now that school is back up....Post your fav crock pot reciepes

Posted by   + Show Post

I know we are limited on time... crock pot saves me.  DH and I both work Full time.

SD has swim practice @ school from 5:45AM-7AM then in the afternoon from 4-6 which we have to pick her up from accross town.  This is Mon-Fri some Sats

DS has swim on Tuesday

DD has gymnastics on Mondays

So time is limited! LOL here is my fav "go to" rec

2-3 chicken breast

taco seasoning

cilantro

salso

Add all in the crock pot and cook all day serve with tortillas.  Yum.  If you have another CP I throw in a bag of beans, with cilantra, can of tomatoes, salt, peper, onion, lots of garlic and cook on high all day.  Great full meal. 

Whats yours?

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
alexis_06
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:09 AM

ive never made anything in the crockpot

susannah2000
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Pork or beef loin roast with root beer to cover, cook on low for 7 hours, drain the root beer, remove fat and shred the meat. Then, put it back in the pot with your favorite BBQ sauce for 30 minutes, yum!

I was just going to post here and ask if anyone had tried the crockpot BBQ pork using root beer. I saw a recipe for it just a couple of days ago and wondered if it was good. I sure will have to try it soon.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM

It is very good. You don't really taste the root beer, it just makes it very tender. :) 

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Pork or beef loin roast with root beer to cover, cook on low for 7 hours, drain the root beer, remove fat and shred the meat. Then, put it back in the pot with your favorite BBQ sauce for 30 minutes, yum!

I was just going to post here and ask if anyone had tried the crockpot BBQ pork using root beer. I saw a recipe for it just a couple of days ago and wondered if it was good. I sure will have to try it soon.

lismore
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM

THANK YOU LADIES

pregnantmama105
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM

curry in the lrg cp and rice in the small one

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM

HOW DO YOU COOK RICE IN THERE?

cgarlic
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Potato soup
twinners.mama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I like doing fajitas in there. Cut up an onion, some peppers, chicken, a little water and a packet of fajita seasoning.

I like doing a small thing of chicken stock, a bag frozen corn and a can of black beans. A little garlic powder and chicken breasts in there. Then I make rice when we are ready to eat to put the crackpot mixture on top of. Top with cheese and sour cream.
disastermind
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM

My favorite is just a whole chicken with potato's and carrots with salt and pepper. That's it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN