Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

honest opinions needed

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 21 Replies
wat are d dos and donts of gettng a cerclage done? wats d percentage of gettng to term with it and also what are dy things to expect during this period? anybody with a personal experience, u will be helping a sis out by ur replies. thanks
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyMarissa
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I was blessed to have  normal pregnancies; so NO clue what goes on!!!  A friend of mine's granddaughter had to have this procedure done & it SAVED her baby's life!!!  Her baby tried to come at 21 weeks & they managed to hold him off until 38 weeks.  Now she has a happy, healthy baby!!!  You might want to go here & do some reading...

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/cervicalcerclage.html

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I've never had one done but maybe the moms on these groups could also help you out:

missourimommy
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I had 2 normal pregnancies so I have no idea what goes on during the procedure
AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Oh my I had to read that about five times!
Micahyas_Mommy
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I was close to having one, but staying on strict bedrest with my feet elevated saved me. When discussing this with my OB I was informed that my pregnancy can last until term given I follow orders hivem regarding do's and dont's. Also if you are heading that route do not lift heavy things or walk,stand for long periods of time. Hope this helps..Good Luck with everything
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Yea i have no idea what she is asking. And everyone keeps saying they had healthy pregnancies so that doesnt help me understand either :( only thing my brain is going to this morning is c section and no clue if thats what shes asking about.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

sunshyng
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Sowi abt dat, it becos ‎​ΰ don't knw abt it dats why ‎​ΰ dint undrstand ♏γ̲̣̣̥ questn. ℓ actually was asking about d procedure being done for women with cervical imcompetence.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Yea i have no idea what she is asking. And everyone keeps saying they had healthy pregnancies so that doesnt help me understand either :( only thing my brain is going to this morning is c section and no clue if thats what shes asking about.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

sunshyng
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Sowi abt dat, it becos ‎​ΰ don't knw abt it dats why ‎​ΰ dint undrstand ♏γ̲̣̣̥ questn. ℓ actually was asking about d procedure being done for women with cervical imcompetence in other to help them carry their baby till term.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Wtf did I just read? I need Tylenol now.
HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too and I still am not sure what I read. I feel like an ass hole because everyone else's replies actually answered her question.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)