Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Puberty and Lack of Sleep!!!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi, I have two sons, 13 and 11 yrs. old. My 11 year old seems to be going thru puberty at a faster rate, but is happy and sweet. My 13 year old has become increasingly injurious to himself, biting his arms, banging his head, screaming at the top of his lungs and not sleeping. Both of my boys are non-verbal which makes it even harder. We do melatonin at night, supplements during the day. They take one medication 2mg. Intuniv. Any one have ideas for meltdowns and more sleep.??? Lack of sleep is affecting my husband and I :( :(
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Im have zero experience. I would suggest talking with their Drs.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

What are their diagnosis(or more than one? ) ?  I would continue to talk to their doctor or therapists if they have one for other needs.  The son who is self injuring may need a mood stabilizer though it could turn him into a virtual zombie staring into space rather than melting down.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I would definitely discuss it with the doctor. I know with my sister in law when she went through puberty, her meds needed to be adjusted pretty frequently. Now that she's on the other side, she has calmed down tremendously. Good luck.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Sorry to hear this,
Sounds like it may be time to visit/talk with their doctor.
Good luck :)

disastermind
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I have no idea. You should bring it up to his doctor though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)