Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Youth bowling

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 6 Replies

They just sent a thing home from school about youth bowling it's $90 for 12 weeks and they have coaches and competitions and stuff and meet every saturday. Is that a good price and do you think a 6 year old would like it? I'm going to take my son there for a few games to see what he thinks first.

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RADmomma
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Has he ever been bowling before?

We take my daughter & at six there is no way age could do competition.
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM

No just wii bowling. He was really excited about it but I'm going to take him a few times and see if he really likes it before I decide. I just wondered if anyone had kids about that age in a bowling league.

It says on the paper it's pretty much an everyone gets to play type deal so it doesn't really matter if he's good or not he'd still get to play. It's more of a for fun than a serious competition at that age.

Quoting RADmomma:

Has he ever been bowling before?

We take my daughter & at six there is no way age could do competition.

IhartU
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:54 AM

We pay a one time sanction fee of $17 and then $7.50 every week.

My kids LOVE bowling on a league and they've been competing since they were around 6 I think.

lucille.bluth
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM

That's $7.50 a week so that's not bad. Take him and see if he likes it. If he does sign him up. I started in a league at 5. 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM

It comes with a shirt and 2 free games on another day every week plus an end of season party.  I'm going to take him after school and see what he thinks. He wants to play video games all the time and I'd really like to try and get him to be more active. I just wasn't sure if he was too young or not.

Quoting lucille.bluth:

That's $7.50 a week so that's not bad. Take him and see if he likes it. If he does sign him up. I started in a league at 5. 

Sugadive
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:22 AM
This. But we pay $8.50 s week for our 6 year old. He loves it

Quoting IhartU:

We pay a one time sanction fee of $17 and then $7.50 every week.

My kids LOVE bowling on a league and they've been competing since they were around 6 I think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN