Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Your opinions on Syria? Should we take action?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Should we leave well enough alone until they attack us personally? What are your thoughts on it all?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnt-manda
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Yes we should take action. Though I do feel it is not as simple as just launching a few missiles. It will be just the beginning.
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM

While I agree it will not be that simple either, I must question it. I listened to a guy on the radio, and he says it was a set up. The white foam around the mouths was too white, seems it would be bloody tinged? A set up like that WOULD involve other countries and maybe help them win in the end? IDK

Quoting tnt-manda:

Yes we should take action. Though I do feel it is not as simple as just launching a few missiles. It will be just the beginning.

tnt-manda
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Set up or not, people died and had side effects significant of nucealer weapons. That region is in disarray, Israel has troubles, Russia and Iran back Syria. Egypt and Lybia have issues..etc. I said it somewhere else on another post, but if you believe in the Bible..it speaks about a war that will kill a third of man kind and starts at the euprates river. If we dont get involved right now rest assured we will.

Quoting momdoes:

While I agree it will not be that simple either, I must question it. I listened to a guy on the radio, and he says it was a set up. The white foam around the mouths was too white, seems it would be bloody tinged? A set up like that WOULD involve other countries and maybe help them win in the end? IDK

Quoting tnt-manda:

Maxi_Maxi
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM
If I remember what I read correctly, the Frech are ready, and Britain has come up with some sort of plan to be released today. It would be great to not attack but to use chemical weapons on your own? It's pretty sick and something has to be done, no matter how much they deny it.
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM

If I read correctly, the French are against the US interfering and the British is with US.

Quoting Maxi_Maxi:

If I remember what I read correctly, the Frech are ready, and Britain has come up with some sort of plan to be released today. It would be great to not attack but to use chemical weapons on your own? It's pretty sick and something has to be done, no matter how much they deny it.

disastermind
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I think America, needs to worry about America. We don't need to go in and rescue other countries. We need to worry about our own.

outtamymynd
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM
We should not take action.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
No. The Syrians would not be helping us!
Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I hate to say it but no, we need to but out. The US has a ton of problems of it's own and we've been stretched pretty thin from all the years of war as is. Plus, we're pissing off Russia, China, and Iran. They could seriously harm us--not to mention you know North Korea will jump in to do the same.

While yes, we have allies, it's just not a good idea now.

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

AprilDJC
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I think we should help the freedom fighters and the innocent citizens of Syria. Having kept up on most of what is going on in the lives of the "freedom fighters" and the civilians in that country for the past couple of years, I think we should help them. If we stand by and let them fight a losing battle for their freedom, while innocent people suffer daily at the hands of their own government, then we are really no better than those governments. I do NOT want another war, but I also don't believe in letting tyrants like Assad get away with murdering thousands of innocent people for his own gain. Check out some blogs from freedom fighters. Look at pictures of how beautiful Homs used to be compared to how it is now after attacks. Their lives have drastically changed, they are dying and we can help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)