Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

amoxicillin-please help

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 14 Replies
My son has sinus infection and double ear infection so he is on amoxicillin 875 mg twice a day.He has 3 more days left.He takes this with cereal or supper and probably not enough water though.H e came home early today saying he felt fine than threw up.Can this Med cause you to throw up or have a headache.Should I not give it to him while in school?I wouldn't think he would get sick since meds are almost gone.Dr said his ears were the worst she had seen.thank you debra
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Try giving him pedialyte or Gatorade for the liquids 

Lovemyshadows
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM

He should finish the amoxicillin, make a follow up with the Dr.

Anoronlight
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Finish the meds and follow up. It could be the meds and it could be that he is catching something else that the antibiotic won't touch anyways...that can happen and it has happened to us.

Just finish the meds and talk to your doctor. Plus if he was going to have an issue, I would think it would have happened by now...not when he has 3 days left. But we all work differently!

LEMONS
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Thank you ladies:-)
kidlover2
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM
It makes me queasy especially when I don't have enough to eat. Getting enough to eat and drink on this med is very important.
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Did he eat at school? Sometimes when kids dont eat and they are on meds, they get sick and headache.  Since yousay you have been giving med with food. Or he could be coming down with something that the med wont kill (a virus). I say finish med, give plenty of water and juice and follow up with dr.

2boysmama311
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Like the others have said, keep giving him the meds. You may want to give him a probiotic while he is on the medication, that can help.  

tnt-manda
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
All antibiotics cause upset stomach, next time have him take it with milk or food. If he is not running a fever or having other signs of infection or allergy to the med then I would just continue the med as ordered. Otherwise call your Doctor and see what they suggest.
disastermind
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Antibiotics can cause nausea.

I wouldn't recommend giving Gatorade. That stuff is horrible and full of chemicals. Just give some watered down juice with some salt added to it. Just a pinch.

Try giving him some yogurt.

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is on the same dose right now. Doc said it can be taken on an empty stomach
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)