Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Fast food workers should not make $15

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:56 AM
  • 263 Replies
22 moms liked this
Sorry but you say you can't support a family on minimum wage? Guess what? You shouldn't be having a family if your skill level and education can only get you a minimum wage job. Minimum wage is for unskilled labor like a hs kid looking for pocket money. Forcing employers to pay a living wage means less jobs for teens.
Manager at Pizza Hut? Fine, pay a living wage. Flipping burgers? $7 is probably all that job is worth.
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IandLoveandYou
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM
28 moms liked this
With the economy the way it is in some places, people with a higher education are being forced to take jobs that they are over qualified for.

There really is no reason that fast food companies cannot start their employees at $10-$12 an hour. They can afford to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I know. Fast food workers in Charlotte are striking today. It's pathetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mater-three
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:02 AM
You already posted this a few weeks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maxi_Maxi
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:05 AM
4 moms liked this
I think you may be a bit extreme...
hburnette3
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:05 AM

it's front page news again. get over it.  you didn't have to open the post.

Quoting Mater-three:

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Even if you lost your better paying job and now have to work a crappy minimum wage job you shouldn't make $15.

hburnette3
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM
6 moms liked this

$10-$12 to stand at a counter, roll your eyes and say "Can I take your order".  Ah, NO.  and defiantly not $15.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

With the economy the way it is in some places, people with a higher education are being forced to take jobs that they are over qualified for.

There really is no reason that fast food companies cannot start their employees at $10-$12 an hour. They can afford to do it.

mistknidentity
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:09 AM
8 moms liked this
Actually when people immigrated to this country and started their lives here it was standard that ANYONE who was willing to work hard and put in their time could provide a good middle class life for their families. That's how it should be. If you work hard and aren't a lazy pos you should be able to live comfortably. If you want to make more then put yourself into debt and further your education. That's your choice. The way people like you think is backwards.
Mater-three
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:12 AM
5 moms liked this
Is there a particular reason you jump down my throat for stating an observation? Did I say don't make a post about it? No. Did I say she was wrong for what her opinion is? No. Did I say I cared if she reposted? No. Did I say it bothered me? NO. So, I think it might be a good thing for you to take a chill pill or a midol or something to the effect. Have a great day.

Quoting hburnette3:

it's front page news again. get over it.  you didn't have to open the post.

Quoting Mater-three:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)