Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you pack..

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
in your childs lunch if they have a peanut free class?

*This is not a debate about it being fair or not, this is the rule for my sons class and I will follow it*

My oldest is going into 1st grade this year. He is a very picky eater to begin with. No nuts and some oils really limit his list of things to eat. I also have to send him a snack every day. I'm just looking for some ideas of what you ladies pack your kids for lunch! Thanks!
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMommy22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Cheese sticks, gogurt, grahmcrackers, pretzels, fruit cups or fresh fruit. Veggies and dip. Salad, with chicken or ham. Just a few I can think of right now.
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Turkey sandwich, goldfish, fruit, hard boiled eggs, crackers, chicken nuggets
JoaWilson
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

definitly fruits, veggie sticks,crackers are okay, soup, apple sauce,

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM
You could do sunbutter, instead of peanut butter. Cheese, fresh fruit, veggies with dip (ranch or hummus), meat sandwich with mayo or mustard, pretzels.
susannah2000
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Why do you enable a "very picky" eater?  Why can't he eat the healthy lunch you make for him, period? There are a ton of healthy things kids like, that are mentioned by other posters. it's kinda ridiculous that a parent has to worry about placating the kid, and it does the kid no favors to be in charge and tell the parent what he will or will not eat, or anything else he will or will not do.

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I used to microwave chicken nuggets and pack them. Sometimes hot dogs. Or I would roll up sliced ham.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:13 PM
When DS first started daycare, he was somewhat picky and I couldn't pack pb&j. I packed a bagel and cream cheese and discovered his love of egg salad. Sometimes just for fun i'd pack cereal and put milk in his thermos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I didn't allow our son to be a picky eater.  I said you eat what I cook. Or go hungry.  That included his lunch for school.  He ate everything I gave him.  But since you do have a picky eater. Nuts are not allowed.  Can you pack a thermos of soup or something left over from dinner.  Along with some fruit and veggie sticks. Yogurt, cottage cheese,some kind of meat sandwich, cheese sticks.  Me love cream cheese and banana sandwiches. I'll eat them on wheat bread.  large dice chicken, ham or turkey like a finger food.  Tuna or egg salad sandwich. 

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Salads, chicken cesaer salad wraps, quinoa, seafood salad, grilled meat sandwiches, pasta, fruit, vegetables, soup, paninis, bagels with smoked salmon, etc.

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this

We do bento boxes.  Its a box filled with many compartments similar but a bit larger than a lunchables.  Some days its hummus, veggies and pita to dip,  Friut, a bar or cookie.  Other days its crackers, cheese and turkey with fruit and dessert.  "sushi" roll ups- we spread cream cheese or hummus on a pita, a slice of turkey and some finely chopped veggies, roll and slice like sushi. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)