Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When Your Back is Turned!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 20 Replies

that terrifying moment when your back is turned and you suddenly hear the "snip snip" of scissors cutting hair! you know that the kids are the only other ones in the house so you spin around to see your three year old daughter cutting close to the scalp her gorgeous blond hair that is just know finally starting to get long and thick!! Thank God she didn't cut much and it was in spot that isn't very noticeable! Anyone else have any "when your back is turned stories?" ;)

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

One day I was painting in the basement and my then 2 year old was watching.  The phone rang and when I came back she was dipping her feet in the paint pan and running all over the basement.  I had thousands of little foot prints all over the floor!  

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I have so many stories, lol. Thankfully we've never had the scissor issue but it's seems like a pretty normal right of passage for kids.

jmp1279
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:03 AM

scissors are what my youngest is going through now.  My oldest did that and ended up with a pixie cut to fix it.  

Both girls color on their bedroom wall.  

Youngest dd get into the fridge and pulls out are eggs to play with, or play in the jello, or any other refrigerated dessert.  

Yesterday both girls were playing with my pads. 

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
If that had been me I think I would have left it that way, it must have been adorable!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

One day I was painting in the basement and my then 2 year old was watching.  The phone rang and when I came back she was dipping her feet in the paint pan and running all over the basement.  I had thousands of little foot prints all over the floor!  

fosschrista
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM

oh my gosh! wow sounds like a handful! mine go through different stages too. first it was poop smearing on the wall. then it was peeling the paint off the wall and pretty much breaking anything that they can (including breaking a crib and a small childs bed. and when those were gone they tore apart their mattresses.) now it's tearing any paper they can get there hands on into little pieces and leaving them all over the house. lol it's so much fun!

Quoting jmp1279:

scissors are what my youngest is going through now.  My oldest did that and ended up with a pixie cut to fix it.  

Youngest dd get into the fridge and pulls out are eggs to play with, or play in the jello, or any other refrigerated dessert.  

disastermind
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Permanent marker... all over my bureau!

The kids were upstairs coloring in their playroom. I gave them their bag o crayons and markers and went to do laundry. I checked on them and saw that they were in my room. One of them had a black permanent marker.

Magic eraser is amazing!

disastermind
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Apparently someone through the permanent marker in the kids bag of coloring stuff. Awesome.

fosschrista
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM

oh my gosh!! i can't even imagine!! that's good to know that magic eraser will take that off! i need to get some. my kids decided to color with color crayons on the kitchen floor lol

Quoting disastermind:

The kids were upstairs coloring in their playroom. I gave them their bag o crayons and markers and went to do laundry. I checked on them and saw that they were in my room. One of them had a black permanent marker.

Magic eraser is amazing!

disastermind
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Make sure you get the name brand. The generic ones suck and don't work as well.

My bureaus were really nice, real wood too. It took the marker off and didn't ruin the finish. I used the magic eraser and then wiped it down with a wet rag after. Worked wonderfully!

Quoting fosschrista:

oh my gosh!! i can't even imagine!! that's good to know that magic eraser will take that off! i need to get some. my kids decided to color with color crayons on the kitchen floor lol

Quoting disastermind:

Magic eraser is amazing!

jmp1279
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That's my house as well,  lol

Quoting fosschrista:

oh my gosh! wow sounds like a handful! mine go through different stages too. first it was poop smearing on the wall. then it was peeling the paint off the wall and pretty much breaking anything that they can (including breaking a crib and a small childs bed. and when those were gone they tore apart their mattresses.) now it's tearing any paper they can get there hands on into little pieces and leaving them all over the house. lol it's so much fun!

Quoting jmp1279:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)