Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Im going crazy!!!

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM
  • 25 Replies
So here I am..... my name is Lily I have a ds hes 2 years old we live in Oklahoma we don't have any family here its just us three. I need to vent!!!!Today I don't know what was going on with me I felt so stressed out, Im a stay at home mom Dh works and I stay home with my Ds, But im officially going nuts ive always worked never depended on anyone and now switching it off I know many would love to stay home but I just don't like having to depend on Dh for everything!!!! Theres so many things I can go back to work but where is Ds going to stay we don't know anyone here child care is expensive... Im just at that edge where I don't know how to handle this stress.. So I come to you guys :)thank you so much for taking the time to read my post... anything can come in handy girls bring it on!!!
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tla86
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand! My husband works and I stay at home with the kids. By the way I have three. Two or mine and one is his. Always wanted to be a stay at home mom but now its driving me nuts. Want so much more for myself these days. Feel real crappy that I'm unhappy and this is what I've always wanted. Love him more than I think I love myself but I'm so frustrated. The oldest my stepdaughter and my youngest a six ye old are always at each others throat . Both girls are driving me nuts. Just moved to a place far from home. I too don't know anyone. He got a promotion which caused our moved and money is tight until this new pay starts to kick in. All I can say is hang in there and things will get better but you know I keep saying that but don't know if I believe it.
eellison
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I know exactly how you feel.  I would go back to work regardless of child care expenses.  If it is not something you can budget then go to DHS and see if you qualify for child care assistance.  I know a lot of people are against assistance, but if it can help you get back to work until you are able to pay for child care on your own I would do it. 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM

feels good to let it all out sometimes!  :)  hope you start to feel better. and less stressed!

liliana0217
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Yea Ive tried to hang in there for 3 years of not working but i guess by me working since i was 16 has me that stressed. Its like I love my Ds and we have fun but I see most of my close friends working and going to school and they have kids to and i sit here thinking why cant I???

Quoting tla86:

I understand! My husband works and I stay at home with the kids. By the way I have three. Two or mine and one is his. Always wanted to be a stay at home mom but now its driving me nuts. Want so much more for myself these days. Feel real crappy that I'm unhappy and this is what I've always wanted. Love him more than I think I love myself but I'm so frustrated. The oldest my stepdaughter and my youngest a six ye old are always at each others throat . Both girls are driving me nuts. Just moved to a place far from home. I too don't know anyone. He got a promotion which caused our moved and money is tight until this new pay starts to kick in. All I can say is hang in there and things will get better but you know I keep saying that but don't know if I believe it.

liliana0217
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Yes it does thank you!!!!
Quoting alexis_06:

feels good to let it all out sometimes!  :)  hope you start to feel better. and less stressed!

liliana0217
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Ive been thinking about that option to , but the thing here is that right now we only have one car and here in Oklahoma theres really no buses or anything like that so it makes it harder!!!!
Quoting eellison:

I know exactly how you feel.  I would go back to work regardless of child care expenses.  If it is not something you can budget then go to DHS and see if you qualify for child care assistance.  I know a lot of people are against assistance, but if it can help you get back to work until you are able to pay for child care on your own I would do it. 

Mommabear81312
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I feel ya girl, i always go back and forth about it. I miss my work and the money but i dont trust anyone even family to watch my daughter. Not that any of them offer to watch her anyway. :( 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting alexis_06:

disastermind
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I miss working sometimes as well.

I was a single mother with my oldest and had to work full time. He was in daycare and with my mother most of the time. I felt horrible because I never saw him.

I met my husband, became a stay at home mom and had two kids with him. It took a lot of getting used to. Not having my own money and always being with the kids.

I realized that while I don't make the money, I still have a right to spend some of what my husband makes. I don't have to ask for money, if I need something I get it. I run it by him just to make sure it's available but I don't ask permission. I may not make money but I'm taking care of our kids so yes, part of his pay is mine as well.

I do go a little stir crazy always being home but my husband is great with letting me get some "me" time. Preschool has also been great because I get some alone time while they're there.

liliana0217
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I think here we have something in common im scared that they wont treat him right or that if he doesnt listen they dont like it. so many things!!!!frustrated 

Quoting Mommabear81312:

I feel ya girl, i always go back and forth about it. I miss my work and the money but i dont trust anyone even family to watch my daughter. Not that any of them offer to watch her anyway. :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)