Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

young mommy

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Being a young mom does not mean being so childish. For me, my responsibilities made me mature. I've learned so much lessons from this kind of responsibilities. People say that I cant be a good mom to my kids because i'm still young, but i can prove to them that I can be a good mother to them and I can stand all my obligations as a mother.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Indianamomto4
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes you can! Prove everyone who wants to put you down wrong by being the best mom you can be. Having children young may not be the best choice, but if these kids are already here or on the way then their moms need support and encouragement to be the kind of parent those kids deserve.

mamhieChen
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM

yeah, i know that I can be a good mother to my kids and a good wife to my husband. I can prove to anyone that even the young mothers can do anything for the sake of their families.

Chennie

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You're right!  Welcome!

jojo_star
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
How old are?
And yes, you can be a good mom despite your age, but you have to understand that most young and teen moms are crappy moms, and it does have a lot to do with their ages. Accept that, stop getting mad when you are judged by your age, and just do your thing to be the best mom you can be.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Being a good parent has nothing to do with biological age but more a mental/emotional maturity to put someone else's needs and wants before yours.  I have seen some crappy mothers in their 40s and 50s and some wonder ful ones in that age as well just like in the "young" catergory. 

joeannaanthony
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Age has nothing to do with not being responsible.I haveseen kids younger than you,taking up responsibilites of life so seriously that they could beat any adult at it.You do not have to prove this to anyone except yourself that you are good.You are too young to have kids,but if you are good at taking up their responsibility,then you must be really good. Keep your concentration full on and see to it that you make the most of the time with them,if they are already here.Also make sure you take time out from all these responsibilities to look after yourself too.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

of course you can be a good mother!!  :)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I agree with the first post and you.  You can be a good mom even if you are young.  I have seen some young mothers who are way more responsible than those in their 40's and 50's.

cecilyloring
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah my great-grandmother was only 17 when she had my grandmother. And I'm sure it will help so much that you have a husband, unlike many other young moms!

Quoting mamhieChen:

yeah, i know that I can be a good mother to my kids and a good wife to my husband. I can prove to anyone that even the young mothers can do anything for the sake of their families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)