Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much would you pay for these? (piog)

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Reposting here so I can get more feedback. All would be from solid wood, no presswood. I'm curious what would people pay for something more homemeade vs. buying from a store. DIY Play Kitchens.

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM
#2&3 probably $100
The rest probably upto $250

How much do they cost to make?
RhondaJ
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I would have no problem paying the same price as the ones in the store, providing they were safe, no sharp corners or places to smash fingers....

1CrazyCajun
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Honest I don't know. They are actually made from nightstands and tv entertainment centers. I have a friend that's thinking of making a few.

Quoting HIJKLM:

#2&3 probably $100

1CrazyCajun
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM

It would be kid friendly. Only corners would be the open doors, but they would not be sharp. Handles tightly screwed in, so no chance of coming off.

Quoting RhondaJ:

I would have no problem paying the same price as the ones in the store, providing they were safe, no sharp corners or places to smash fingers....

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

RhondaJ
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I would think there would be a market for them.  Maybe try advertising and see what kind of responses you get.   With Christmas coming up, now would be a good time to run an ad.  Not sure how long it takes to make something like that but you could probably mention that it takes two to three weeks or whatever it takes.  Sort of presell before they are made.    

Quoting 1CrazyCajun:

It would be kid friendly. Only corners would be the open doors, but they would not be sharp. Handles tightly screwed in, so no chance of coming off.

Quoting RhondaJ:

MamaTinie
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM

have your friend offer to customize them: ie available in various colors and with these fabrics or patterns. It would up the sale value. People easly pay $150-200 for a geniric store bought one. I would think with the custom option she could get around 250-300 each for them.

teddysmama09
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I've seen these on pinterest and have been planning on making one ffor my kids. They seem pretty easy to make (provided you have the right tools and know how). The parts can be found at thrift stores, dollar stores and flea markets. The base is an old TV stand which you could probably get for free (curbside on garbage day). But if you do it   right they could sell for $100-$300.

Miss.MandyLynn
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM

i love the pink one wish someone would make me one id pay 50-60 bucks

AmiJanell
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I love the last one... I'd probably pay $150 for it

Randi02
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

This

Although, I made one about 2 years ago. I got the idea on Pinterest!

Quoting HIJKLM:

#2&3 probably $100

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)