Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

teeth brushing and teething

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 15 Replies
So my DD is 16 months old in her nightly routine. She brushes her teeth during day by herself but at night is when I really do it n brush her few teeth.she normally loves this but she's getting new teeth in and she won't let me. Idk if I just try my best still and keep brushing or wait till she's done teething. I don't want her to get use to not brushing her teeth but o don't want her to start hating it.

What would you do
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Keep brushing them and at worse, wipe down her teeth with a wash cloth before she goes to sleep. I think for this age 1-2 times a day is recommended.

jenesis509
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Thank you usually its twice a day ish lo she does it on her own in mornings wile I brush her hair and night I do it for her to be sure it's done right sometimes though middle of say if her hair is a mess I'll brush her hair again and shell brush her teeth some more

Quoting frndlyfn:

Keep brushing them and at worse, wipe down her teeth with a wash cloth before she goes to sleep. I think for this age 1-2 times a day is recommended.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM

YW  my dd went through a stage where she would just chew on the toothbrush and ask it just ot be wet with water.  That was our version of flossing (lol) for toddler years.  She is 7 now and pretty good with brushing her own teeth aside from dentist described tricky areas.  We are working on using real floss in our daily routine at least before bed.

Quoting jenesis509:

Thank you usually its twice a day ish lo she does it on her own in mornings wile I brush her hair and night I do it for her to be sure it's done right sometimes though middle of say if her hair is a mess I'll brush her hair again and shell brush her teeth some more

Quoting frndlyfn:

Keep brushing them and at worse, wipe down her teeth with a wash cloth. before she goes to sleep. I think for this age 1-2 times a day is recommended.

RADmomma
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
If she do it herself try the... You have a turn, momma has a turn!! That worked for us..,
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

i used to sing to my kiddos. when i had this kind of challenge. it was a new  made up song nearly every time. they loved it.

alexis_06
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM

keep brushin them, dont "give in"..even if ya just let her chew on a wet face cloth, thats better than nothing!

jenesis509
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM
That might help with the pain of teething to I'll try that

Quoting alexis_06:

keep brushin them, dont "give in"..even if ya just let her chew on a wet face cloth, thats better than nothing!

RADmomma
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:29 AM
This works great for us too!! My hubby will sing the silliest songs on nights when lo is having a rough time & she always gets them
Brushed.

Quoting RoseWall:

i used to sing to my kiddos. when i had this kind of challenge. it was a new  made up song nearly every time. they loved it.

jenesis509
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:39 AM
She seemed to calm down today thank you :)

Quoting RADmomma:

This works great for us too!! My hubby will sing the silliest songs on nights when lo is having a rough time & she always gets them

Brushed.

Quoting RoseWall:

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM

did you sing to her?

Quoting jenesis509:

She seemed to calm down today thank you :)

Quoting RADmomma:

Brushed.

Quoting RoseWall:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN