Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Neck pain.. Feels like Charlie horse :-( any suggestions??

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
I've tried the obvious... Stuck at work.. This is the 4th time within a year it's gotten this bad.. I always end up having to go get muscle relaxers from dr... It's intense sharp pain: constant dull? pain, pain when I move my head either side... The pain (this time) didn't start after any incident that I noticed.. As the day went on it went from ache to pain, it just got more intense and tensed up... It's stated on left side from base of skull down through my shoulder blades.. This was Monday... Wednesday started to loosen up a little after trying to rest and use heating pad.. I This morning.. I woke up w the other side in intense pain... Don't think I slept on it wrong as I hardly move when I've slept the last few nights...

Anyone had this? Ideas for relief? Prevention? Exercise? I've noticed my lower back, top of my butt by bone/hip hurts, dull intense pain...
Idk if it has anything to do with it but I've been getting migraines too (I normally never get them)
Thanks for any help :-)
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sunpeaches1
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Heat pad, preferably moist heat, ibuprofen, & gentle stretches... that's about all ya can do....
I get them often from sleeping wrong & I have a lot of damage in left side neck/shoulder/upper spine caused by a car acaccident. If you can splurge on a good massage its well worth it for the knot. I can't afford it but when I periodically go thru rounds of physical & massage therapy it makes a huge diff!
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I would have spine get checked out for arthritis or something else going on.

mamamia9
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Ask for an MRI I was misdiagnosed for 10 years until I had my done. It was arthritis.
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Its not migraines, its tension headaches from the neck pain to get a weekly massage, our at least monthly. Use ice first Then heat, try yoga
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN