Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: What movie is the saddest?

Options:

Armageddon

P.S., I love you

The Notebook

A Walk to Remember

Beaches

Brian's Song

My Sister's Keeper

The Green Mile

My Girl

Steele Magnolias

50/50

Message in a Bottle

The Last Song

The Pursuit of Happiness

City of Angles

OTHER (Comment)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

I am looking for some good tear-jerking movies that can really touch your heart. I need a good cry every once in a while and I'm drawing a blank for new titles.

The saddest movies I can think of (in no particular order) are:

~Armageddon
~P.S., I love you
~The Notebook
~A Walk to Remember
~Beaches
~Brian's Song
~My Sister's Keeper
~The Green Mile
~My Girl
~Steele Magnolias
~50/50
~Message in a bottle
~The Last Song
~The Pursuit of Happiness
~City Of Angles  

Does anyone have any suggestions? If so, please also provide a brief descrition on the movie. (Don't give the whole story away.) 

Thanks! (Please bump for me!) 

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Replies (31-40):
PEEPkiller
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

The first one is called "Nothing Is Strange With You". The second is called "The Road Out of Hell."

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting PEEPkiller:

there are two actually. One focuses on the trial of the killer. The other is the true account of the killer's nephew, Sanford. He is the kid in the movie that confessed to what happened to all the little boys. His story is truly a nightmare, and I dare say he suffered more than any of the kids that man actully murdered.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting PEEPkiller:

Yes...and the movie version of the story isn't even the whole story. They left a lot of things out.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting PEEPkiller:

Changeling and Atonement always make me lose it.

Did it absolutely make your jaw drop at what they were trying to do to Angelina Jolie's character, in the Changeling?

Is there a book? I shall have to look for it. "Atonement" didn't make me cry as much as angry. I thought it was reprehensible to blame a child for misunderstanding what she was seeing.

Do you know the titles or authors of the books? I am looking but not finding info on books.

susannah2000
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM

thanks much!

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM

You didn't list "Bridges of Madison County."

"Gone With the Wind"

Another one is very old, probably only the older people may remember, "Madame X." That movie leaves me sad for days and thinking about it for weeks later, especially since I had my little boy. It's an old black and white movie. Find it if you can.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Yes! Toy Story 3. I forgot about that one! Huge tears and lump in the throat.

Quoting mynewlife2012:

I am most likely no help the only thing I cry at is Fox and the Hound and Toy Story 3 lol

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM

There it is-- Madame X. I answered before I saw this. I just looked it up, and it's from the year 1937. I love the old movies because of the simplicity in the filming. Without all the technology tricks, success for those old movies depended on the writers' and actors' talent. There is a lack of talent like that nowadays. Success today = sex and violence and special effects.

Quoting AMCSM:

Always.... Love it. Madame X... It is old but I don't just cry I take a sudafed and sob like a baby.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I love "My Sister's Keeper." I love any movie with Kathy Bates. She is really good. I love the part where she dances up and down the steps with that little neighbor boy singing "Duke of Earl."

Quoting Moonflower44:

Beaches, and MySisters Keeper

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I actually found the 1966 Lana Turner version on DVD....This is the version I love. I can watch the last 15 min and be a mess for the rest of the day.

Quoting Kathy489:

There it is-- Madame X. I answered before I saw this. I just looked it up, and it's from the year 1937. I love the old movies because of the simplicity in the filming. Without all the technology tricks, success for those old movies depended on the writers' and actors' talent. There is a lack of talent like that nowadays. Success today = sex and violence and special effects.

Quoting AMCSM:

Always.... Love it. Madame X... It is old but I don't just cry I take a sudafed and sob like a baby.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I've only seen two on that list.

I'm horrible, huh?

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Oh, I didn't know there was a 1966 version. Now I'll have to check to see if that's the one I saw...

Quoting AMCMSM:

I actually found the 1966 Lana Turner version on DVD....This is the version I love. I can watch the last 15 min and be a mess for the rest of the day.

Quoting Kathy489:

Quoting AMCSM:

RADmomma
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Dirty dancing makes me cry! Lol

The kids movie a dolphin tale.

I'm a sap!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)