Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need advice on what to do...

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 19 Replies
My daughter is 2 months and she's very clingy to me or her grandma. I can't do anything at all and all she wants me to do is hold her 24/7. When I put her down, she cries bloody murder.. When I pick her up, she gets fussy and starts throwing wild temper tantrums.. When she wants to go to sleep, i have to hold her in a position thats comfortable for her to sleep in. Whenever i try putting her down in a carseat, she gets very angry... I'm already going through postpartum depression and taking antidepressants and she's not making it easy at all. I feel like I never get a break from my daughter at all... What can I do?
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Try baby wearing... Gives you some freedom but baby feels secure. 

mommateddi
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Trust me I tried and she hate it

Quoting terpmama:Try baby wearing... Gives you some freedom but baby feels secure. 
OwlNuggets
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

she two months old..........

you're tired and need to seek help for your PPD symptoms.

get a baby bjorn or sling and wear that baby.

mommateddi
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
She doesn't like the sling or baby bjorn. We own both but she's very much a hand full

Quoting OwlNuggets:

OwlNuggets
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

try a swing, then.

my daughter practically lived in hers she loved it so much as an infant.

Quoting mommateddi:

She doesn't like the sling or baby bjorn. We own both but she's very much a hand full

Quoting OwlNuggets:

alphamom26
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Only sleeping a certain way sounds kind of like reflux. Maybe her tummy hurts (gas pain)?

Sorry about the ppd, it really sucks :( I'm glad you are getting the meds to help, but talking about it helps a lot too. There is a depression group on here that is really good/supportive. I forget which group it is, though, I was never an actual member of it. Good luck!

mommateddi
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
We have that but once I put her down onto it she screams like no tomorrow.. I've tried everything in the book and she's just very clingy

Quoting OwlNuggets:

try a swing, then.

my daughter practically lived in hers she loved it so much as an infant.

Quoting mommateddi:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
make sure she us fed changed and burped. lay her down or put her in a bouncy seat. put your earbuds in and relax in another room for an hour. you can put on some quiet jazz or classical or drumming music on. you will find out soon which one she likes. violins made one of my ds' cry like his heart was broken but dueling banjos made him happy and sleepy. you are doing fine but she needs to learn about self soothing too. esp since she doesnt like the slings or wraps.
smurfbitebug
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM
The baby is two months old so she feels secure when she is being held. Have you tried swaddling? Also PPD can make you feel very overwhelmed and make you feel like she is being unreasonably clingy when actually she isn't being unreasonable, she is a baby, kwim? I would probably talk to the doc about it. They may need to adjust your meds or help more in a different way.
sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM
This! Plus explore the gas or colic theory too. Take her to doc & tell him of the fussiness & positioning issues.

Also, remember 2 things:
1) a 2mo old does not cry for no reason. Crying indicates a need. Be it need for food, diaper change, upset tummy, sleep, or just cuddles & comfort...
2) baby senses your feelings! The more tense you are the worse she's gonna feel.

You need to seek help for your ppd as well as baby girl's fussiness & uncomfortability... good luck!

Quoting smurfbitebug:

The baby is two months old so she feels secure when she is being held. Have you tried swaddling? Also PPD can make you feel very overwhelmed and make you feel like she is being unreasonably clingy when actually she isn't being unreasonable, she is a baby, kwim? I would probably talk to the doc about it. They may need to adjust your meds or help more in a different way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)