Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cramping 7 months postpartem

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 3 Replies
I gave birth 7 1/2 months ago and have not yet had AF (due to nursing). Other than the first couple of weeks after giving birth, I hadn't had any cramping up until today. It kind of feels like menstrual cramps but it feels more like the type of cramping I had when my uterus was contracting after birth. I did do a lot of strenuous yard work yesterday. Is it possible to still be having activity-related uterine pain this long after birth? I can't figure out if AF is trying to come back or if I just overdid it with the hedge-trimming and raking or what. My lower back and abdomen have been aching/throbbing since this morning with no letup but I'm not having any other AF symptoms. Has anyone else experienced anything like this 7 months postpartum?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Reina13
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

It honestly does sound like you over did it with the yard work, especially if you are not exhibiting any other signs of AF.

Try a heating pad. I hope you feel better.

EarthMamaMaggie
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Thanks for your response. I think you were right and I may have just aggravated my system from too much physical activity. I panicked a little bit at first because I hadn't felt anything at all in my lower abdomen since two weeks after I delivered and then all of a sudden seven months later I was doubled over in pain from back to front. But the cramps were much less severe today so I think I'll live ;)

Quoting Reina13:

It honestly does sound like you over did it with the yard work, especially if you are not exhibiting any other signs of AF.

Try a heating pad. I hope you feel better.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

It could be both, overactivity which causes your body to react. Or your period starting. But sounds like more of an overactivity issue as this was so soon after you worked in the yard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN