Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bumpers in the crib??

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

What age is this "safe" at?

My son is 8 months old and is constantly hitting his head and getting his legs and arms stuck backwards in the bars.

we wake up 7 times or so a night due to these two things .. i know the mesh one would stop his limbs from getting stuck but wouldn't help with his head..

so i was wondering when these where supposed to be safe to use ?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LMoseley
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:26 AM
I always felt that once baby can move themselves out of suffocating situations that they were safe.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmomnarmywife
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:35 AM

hmm thats what i figured.. he crawls ,stands,rolls ect so i am assuming he would move away from it?? i know i used one with my oldest i just do not remember at what age and i never knew it was a sids risk

Quoting LMoseley:

I always felt that once baby can move themselves out of suffocating situations that they were safe.

Good luck!

GreenDotsOrange
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:41 AM
I used one from the beginning with my 1st. I never knew it wasn't okay to use. I would think it would be fine now if he is moving around.
scraphappy12
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM
I thought once they could move was when they couldn't use them? I was told they are basically decoration but not safe ? Maybe I have it all backwards :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlebugs2113
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
The mesh bumpers are safe to use regardless of age if installed correctly. Is he hitting his head hard enuf to do damage?! Like bruises? He must really be moving! My oldest son was/is lol like that, he moves around a lot in his sleep. We kept the mesh bumpers on his crib til he was about 15months old.
LMoseley
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I would consider it safe. My son has a mesh bumper, but it is useless.

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

hmm thats what i figured.. he crawls ,stands,rolls ect so i am assuming he would move away from it?? i know i used one with my oldest i just do not remember at what age and i never knew it was a sids risk

Quoting LMoseley:

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)