Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I just being silly??

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:51 AM
  • 5 Replies
Dh had a co-worker over for the first time today. We bbqed & had some drinks. The co-worker had a few too many, so of course, we told him to stay the night. I am in the room with dh & he's asleep. The co-worker is on the sofa. I can't help but feel scared? Nervous? I have 2 boys in the next room & I keep thinking what if this man is a perv etc.....he seems really nice, but you can never be too sure. Maybe I'm just being too paranoid? I had some things happen to me when I was younger, so that's probably why I'm worried.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:53 AM
I had things happen to me when I was younger too. I always get paranoid, even if my son is staying with family. Cause sometimes it's those that you least expect. :/
MyStarLight
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Mayne but you are acting like a mom plus something happened to.you
you arent acting paranoid
you have every right to act that way
Momofmenagerie
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Yes, a bit too paranoid. A drunk on your couch will be unable to wake up enough to " be" a perv if he was. Not every person you don't know is a pedophile, in fact , most children are molested by a family member or a trusted family friend.
Your boys are safe. Get some sleep and have a tiny bit of trust in humanity.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Maybe a little, but you are concerned about your kids.

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM
He wasn't drunk to the point where he was passed out. I know not everyone are pedophiles. I don't walk around scared wondering if everyone who walks by me is a perv. I do get nervous though, when someone is staying over that I don't really know.

Quoting Momofmenagerie:Yes, a bit too paranoid. A drunk on your couch will be unable to wake up enough to " be" a perv if he was. Not every person you don't know is a pedophile, in fact , most children are molested by a family member or a trusted family friend.
Your boys are safe. Get some sleep and have a tiny bit of trust in humanity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)