Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP! Do you put bloomers over underwear for toddler girls? If so, WHERE can I find them?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hi,
Is it just me? It seems there's too much gap at the crotch area when my girls wear underwear....

I have almost potty trained 3.5 yrs old twin girls. Ever since their birth, both of them are skinnier than average(according to the statistics) but almost reg. height. So, when I put 2-3T & 4T underwear on them, there's uncovered space at the crotch.

My kids still don't understand or recognize inappropriate actions in the public - ex: showing off their belly by lifting so high up their dress, being naked in front of art museum, etc. Especially I was told a man who loitering the park we frequently go to is sex offender and keep talking to me while we are there. And he told me one day that he called a cop on my rude behavior/comments - but I was just playing with my kids AWAY from him. And haven't talked to him until he called upon me...anyway...

I'm not trying to be weird or anything. But I don't want to expose to those people who gets turned on by kids showing off not knowing.

Where can I find decent priced bloomers to modestly cover the underwear?

Please help!
Thanks.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brittanycody
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
First of all.. if they are 3.5 years old they should know how to keep a shirt down and not to lift up a dress. If you taught them that the gap in the undies wouldn't be a problem. My son is 4 and has gaps in his nothing I can do about it except teach him to keep his pants on.
monchicchitwo
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Thank you for your input. Yes, I have been teaching them lifting dress, being naked in the public is a no no thing to do. But this behavior just surfaced recently.

Though, I do want to cover the undies' gap when kids are playing hard in the park, not intentionally exposed the area...
brittanycody
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I know my craft store in my town has lots of bloomers. All different colors and are pretty cheap.
baquick
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I would make them if I couldn't find some or use little shorts (look at places that sell cheerleader/gymnastics outfits)

Also of you are replying to a specific person hit "quote" under their reply and it let them know you have replied to a specific reply.
krista778
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I just get the bike shorts for my DD to wear with dresses. But bloomers are easy to make and most fabric stores sell the pattern
goldilocksbecky
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Little cotton/knit shorts underneath work just fine.  Or, put them in pants/shorts when they are going to the park to play so they can move around without it being an issue.

Also, a 3.5 year old isn't really a toddler anymore, but a pre-schooler.  I think the cutesy little froo-froo "bloomers" are way to babyish for a child that age.  I also think that at 3.5 you need to really step up on teaching them not to flash in public.  Many 3 year olds are already in a pre-school setting.  Don't babify your kids or underestimate what they are capable of learning and understanding. :)

Vinsmomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I use little shorts, I bought them at Walmart for like 3 or 4 dollars each.. They are almost like little bike shorts.. Or I have made them also.. Also if you have leggings that are too short but still fit in the waist you can cut them to be little bloomers
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I agree.  This is no longer toddler stage but preschooler age.   DD has always worn shorts or leggings underneath her skirts/dresses.  Underwear fits her fine though with no gaps despite her thinness.  Offenders will like any child not just those who are acting like children.  Wearing 5 layers of clothing will not stop them from looking if they want to.

Quoting goldilocksbecky:

Little cotton/knit shorts underneath work just fine.  Or, put them in pants/shorts when they are going to the park to play so they can move around without it being an issue.

Also, a 3.5 year old isn't really a toddler anymore, but a pre-schooler.  I think the cutesy little froo-froo "bloomers" are way to babyish for a child that age.  I also think that at 3.5 you need to really step up on teaching them not to flash in public.  Many 3 year olds are already in a pre-school setting.  Don't babify your kids or underestimate what they are capable of learning and understanding. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN