Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (September 13th)

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 58 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice daySteph

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HoneyBun105
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Hi,

You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have one son, he's almost 10.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? Grew up in southern Arkansas. I live on a military base with my husband and son now. 

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? We met thru a mutual friend.

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? I do my nails. 

5. What's on your mind today? I need ot go to bed. I have lots of shopping to do tomorrow. 

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

have a nice daySteph

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
What are you shopping for?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting HoneyBun105:

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Hi,

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have one son, he's almost 10.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? Grew up in southern Arkansas. I live on a military base with my husband and son now. 

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? We met thru a mutual friend.

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? I do my nails. 

5. What's on your mind today? I need ot go to bed. I have lots of shopping to do tomorrow. 

have a nice daySteph

CharismaticBrig
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

1. My child is still in the womb. Her name is Alana and she should arrive via c-section on 5 November!!

2. I was born in Buffalo, NY but I've lived all over the place. My dad was in the ARMY, as was I. I currently live in northern NJ, about 45min from Manhattan.

3. I met my husband while stationed at Ft. Sam Houston, TX. He's fantastic and so excited for this baby which is nice. I know not all mothers have that reality.

4. I have bad hips (I've had 2 surgeries on my right hip, I need a 3rd. My left hip is also messed up) so while I'm pregnant and have free time, I usually read or watch a bunch of Netflix.

5. What's on my mind? Well, I'm really hoping to meet some moms in my area. I recently relocated here after leaving the service and I only know family. Since I'm going to school online and not working, I have no interaction with the outside world in person. While I love my husband and my supportive family, it'd be nice to meet some moms as well.

-Brigid pink ribbon

Donemabest
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I have 2 children, one biological and one stepchild. Both are boys. One is almost 20(biological) and the other a few days away from 14. The older one is in college and the younger just beginning high school. Due to too many issues with who I think is a sick mother, my stepson has changed from a swet boy into a sneaky, conniving little monster. Yes, I said it. I have raised him for over six years and I am at a point where I no longer want to. But I know that he needs me. I am frustrated.

ljennison20
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this
1. I have one child boy 1yrs old.
2. I grow up in central NY brookfield NY
3 I met my bf throw friends
4. On my free time I spend time with my family
5. What's on my mind I should be sleeping
TonyaGentle
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello everyone! My name is Tonya and I am so excited to be here! Can't wait to meet everyone!

ok, here goes........

1. I have 2 girls, they are 10 and 12!

2. I grew up in West Virginia and North Carolina, Just moved to North Carolina! Lovin' it here!!

3. I met my husband in school, we recently celebrated our 12th anniversary!

4. Scrapbook, anything crafty (making christmas gifts now so that keeps me busy), ATC's, Swaps! I love it all!

5.TGIF! Hubby's off work today so it's family time today! Also want to work on christmas gifts(trying to get things going early this year so I can enjoy the holidays instead of rushing so much!)

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Brigid,
Congrats on getting ready to have your baby girl soon!
This is a great place to meet other Moms!

Quoting CharismaticBrig:

1. My child is still in the womb. Her name is Alana and she should arrive via c-section on 5 November!!

2. I was born in Buffalo, NY but I've lived all over the place. My dad was in the ARMY, as was I. I currently live in northern NJ, about 45min from Manhattan.

3. I met my husband while stationed at Ft. Sam Houston, TX. He's fantastic and so excited for this baby which is nice. I know not all mothers have that reality.

4. I have bad hips (I've had 2 surgeries on my right hip, I need a 3rd. My left hip is also messed up) so while I'm pregnant and have free time, I usually read or watch a bunch of Netflix.

5. What's on my mind? Well, I'm really hoping to meet some moms in my area. I recently relocated here after leaving the service and I only know family. Since I'm going to school online and not working, I have no interaction with the outside world in person. While I love my husband and my supportive family, it'd be nice to meet some moms as well.

-Brigid pink ribbon

hugss

by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Sorry about your frustrations with your dss.
Here is another group you may find helpful.  Nice to meet you :)

Join us in Stepmom Central

Quoting Donemabest:

Well, I have 2 children, one biological and one stepchild. Both are boys. One is almost 20(biological) and the other a few days away from 14. The older one is in college and the younger just beginning high school. Due to too many issues with who I think is a sick mother, my stepson has changed from a swet boy into a sneaky, conniving little monster. Yes, I said it. I have raised him for over six years and I am at a point where I no longer want to. But I know that he needs me. I am frustrated.

hugss

by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Welcome to the group,

Quoting ljennison20:

1. I have one child boy 1yrs old.
2. I grow up in central NY brookfield NY
3 I met my bf throw friends
4. On my free time I spend time with my family
5. What's on my mind I should be sleeping

hugss

by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom Tonya,
Good for you on trying to get your holiday shopping done early.
Enjoy your day together!  Great to meet you :)

Quoting TonyaGentle:

Hello everyone! My name is Tonya and I am so excited to be here! Can't wait to meet everyone!

ok, here goes........

1. I have 2 girls, they are 10 and 12!

2. I grew up in West Virginia and North Carolina, Just moved to North Carolina! Lovin' it here!!

3. I met my husband in school, we recently celebrated our 12th anniversary!

4. Scrapbook, anything crafty (making christmas gifts now so that keeps me busy), ATC's, Swaps! I love it all!

5.TGIF! Hubby's off work today so it's family time today! Also want to work on christmas gifts(trying to get things going early this year so I can enjoy the holidays instead of rushing so much!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN