Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (September 21st)

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 56 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice daySteph

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bdbeauty
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I have three kids. I was raised in N.Y. Live in pa. Having problems getting my 10 year old out of my room at night. It's causing relationship problems with my boyfriend
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Does he not go to his bed when it is his bedtime?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Bdbeauty:

I have three kids. I was raised in N.Y. Live in pa. Having problems getting my 10 year old out of my room at night. It's causing relationship problems with my boyfriend

pola000
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I don't have kids trying to conceive!struggling for a few months now

Met my husband in primary school known each other for 12 years married for a year now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DonnaMullins
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Hi everyone! I am a mom of two grown daughters, both of whom are married and have a daughter and a son each. Our grandchildren are almost 5 yrs, 2-1/2 yrs, 2 yrs and 7 wks of age. I live in west central Indiana with my husband of 32 years. I work at one of the largest universities in the state.
DonnaMullins
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
To continue....I am the 2nd of six children. I was born in North Dakota, but raised in several states since dad was in the Air Force. I love to spend time with our children and grandchildren most of all, but we live 4 hours apart.

Thankful for the life God has given me.
Dee0308
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Hello, My name is Dee

I am a mother of 2 boys and 1 girl and a grandma of 1 boy and 1 baby on the way of which we are not sure yet if it is a boy or a girl.  I had all of my children naturally without any drugs.  My oldest son is name Joshua he is 23 and he is the step dad to our 5 yo grandson Cameron and the soon to be dad in Feb. to our new grandbaby.  Joshua is the General Manager at one of the Jiffy Lube's here in Central Florida.  Our second son Jeremy is 21 he is a Team Leader at Chick-Fil-A in Central Florida and he taught himself how to play guitar, ukulele, drums, keyboard & harmonaca.  And then we have our daughter Kaytlin (Kayte) she helps me babysit right now, I home-schooled her from 10th grade-12th because she had a reading disorder and the school system was not working with her.  Kayte is our singer, she has been singing since she was 2, she auditioned last summer for a place in AMTC (Actors, Models & Talents for Christ and received 3 callbacks and was excepted into the program in which she completed this summer and graduated from there.  She sang in front of about 45 different record producers and received 4 callbacks in her genre which is Contemporary Christian Music, she is putting together a 3 song demo to send out to them and other CCM producers.  Jeremy and Kayte have a band called The Second Beginning and they released a CD in 2009 on their own, they write songs and sing all over.  We just got back from Atlanta where they sang at an Arts and Entertainment Conference last weekend.  You can pull up youtube videos fro Kayte and for The Second Beginning by going to .com/user/flkayte2004youtube.www and

TheSecondBeginning.com/user/youtube.www

I was born and raised in Orlando, Florida, when my daughter was about to turn 5 we followed God's plan for us and moved to a small town in upstate NY at the bottom of the Adirondack Mountains to work at a Christian Camp.  My husband's parents lived about 10 minutes from this camp and have been volunteering there for years.  It was the best move we have ever made, that was in June 1998, but in March of 2004 my Mom here in FL was getting sicker with her Lupus and was requiring bi-weekly blood transfusions and then a month later my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease so we prayed long and hard and made the decision to move back here to FL as soon as we could, which that was in November of 2004.  My mom passed away in Sept of 2005 so we were able to spend quality time with her and for that I am very thankful.  My dad is now 83 and the Parkinson's has slowed him down a lot, but he is still kicking.  We now live in Altamonte Springs, FL so were are not  actually in the City of Orlando where it is CRAZY.  After living in the country for 6 1/2 years coming back to city life has not been fun, I can't wait to go back to that simple country life again.

My husband and I will be married 24 years on October 21st, we actually were set up on a blind date by my ex-boyfriend who happens to be his bestfriend.  My ex Mike and I had been broke up for a few years, when I received a call from him 1 day telling me he was married now with a little girl, but his bestfriend was single and he thought I was a perfect match for him and wondered if I would meet him at his house for dinner and a movie so I said sure.  Before I left my house I told my mom that I should be home early, well I meet him and it was love at first sight, I got home at 3am, my mom was still up cause she was a night owl and she said, " I thought you would be home early,"  I told her, " I just met the man I was gonna marry."  Just over a year later we were married and it has been an AMAZING ride.

When I have time to myself, I like to work on crafts, like blankets, I make for children who are sick and I have been praying for or for birthday presents.  Right now I am working on something I actually have never made for my little 4 yo I watch full-time for her birthday in Nov. a tutu dress.  It is actually coming along well so far.

I hope that with the experiences that I have had or am having that I may be able to help someone, but in 2008 I had something go wrong, we are not sure what, but I lost my memory, everything before 2008 is gone.  Everything I know is what people have told me.  I have basically started over in my life.  I pray everyone has a BLESSED weekend.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
How neat where you met your DH & have known him that long.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting pola000:

I don't have kids trying to conceive!struggling for a few months now

Met my husband in primary school known each other for 12 years married for a year now

hugss

by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Great to meet you :)

Quoting DonnaMullins:

Hi everyone! I am a mom of two grown daughters, both of whom are married and have a daughter and a son each. Our grandchildren are almost 5 yrs, 2-1/2 yrs, 2 yrs and 7 wks of age. I live in west central Indiana with my husband of 32 years. I work at one of the largest universities in the state.

hugss

by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Dee,
Sorry on the loss of your Mom.
So great to meet you :)

Quoting Dee0308:

Hello, My name is Dee

I am a mother of 2 boys and 1 girl and a grandma of 1 boy and 1 baby on the way of which we are not sure yet if it is a boy or a girl.  I had all of my children naturally without any drugs.  My oldest son is name Joshua he is 23 and he is the step dad to our 5 yo grandson Cameron and the soon to be dad in Feb. to our new grandbaby.  Joshua is the General Manager at one of the Jiffy Lube's here in Central Florida.  Our second son Jeremy is 21 he is a Team Leader at Chick-Fil-A in Central Florida and he taught himself how to play guitar, ukulele, drums, keyboard & harmonaca.  And then we have our daughter Kaytlin (Kayte) she helps me babysit right now, I home-schooled her from 10th grade-12th because she had a reading disorder and the school system was not working with her.  Kayte is our singer, she has been singing since she was 2, she auditioned last summer for a place in AMTC (Actors, Models & Talents for Christ and received 3 callbacks and was excepted into the program in which she completed this summer and graduated from there.  She sang in front of about 45 different record producers and received 4 callbacks in her genre which is Contemporary Christian Music, she is putting together a 3 song demo to send out to them and other CCM producers.  Jeremy and Kayte have a band called The Second Beginning and they released a CD in 2009 on their own, they write songs and sing all over.  We just got back from Atlanta where they sang at an Arts and Entertainment Conference last weekend.  You can pull up youtube videos fro Kayte and for The Second Beginning by going to .com/user/flkayte2004youtube.www and

TheSecondBeginning.com/user/youtube.www

I was born and raised in Orlando, Florida, when my daughter was about to turn 5 we followed God's plan for us and moved to a small town in upstate NY at the bottom of the Adirondack Mountains to work at a Christian Camp.  My husband's parents lived about 10 minutes from this camp and have been volunteering there for years.  It was the best move we have ever made, that was in June 1998, but in March of 2004 my Mom here in FL was getting sicker with her Lupus and was requiring bi-weekly blood transfusions and then a month later my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease so we prayed long and hard and made the decision to move back here to FL as soon as we could, which that was in November of 2004.  My mom passed away in Sept of 2005 so we were able to spend quality time with her and for that I am very thankful.  My dad is now 83 and the Parkinson's has slowed him down a lot, but he is still kicking.  We now live in Altamonte Springs, FL so were are not  actually in the City of Orlando where it is CRAZY.  After living in the country for 6 1/2 years coming back to city life has not been fun, I can't wait to go back to that simple country life again.

My husband and I will be married 24 years on October 21st, we actually were set up on a blind date by my ex-boyfriend who happens to be his bestfriend.  My ex Mike and I had been broke up for a few years, when I received a call from him 1 day telling me he was married now with a little girl, but his bestfriend was single and he thought I was a perfect match for him and wondered if I would meet him at his house for dinner and a movie so I said sure.  Before I left my house I told my mom that I should be home early, well I meet him and it was love at first sight, I got home at 3am, my mom was still up cause she was a night owl and she said, " I thought you would be home early,"  I told her, " I just met the man I was gonna marry."  Just over a year later we were married and it has been an AMAZING ride.

When I have time to myself, I like to work on crafts, like blankets, I make for children who are sick and I have been praying for or for birthday presents.  Right now I am working on something I actually have never made for my little 4 yo I watch full-time for her birthday in Nov. a tutu dress.  It is actually coming along well so far.

I hope that with the experiences that I have had or am having that I may be able to help someone, but in 2008 I had something go wrong, we are not sure what, but I lost my memory, everything before 2008 is gone.  Everything I know is what people have told me.  I have basically started over in my life.  I pray everyone has a BLESSED weekend.

Boogie_Momma
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Teri and I am 19 years old. I have a son who is 14 months old and would love to meet other moms near me who are young mothers as well. I live and grew up in northeast Ohio. The relationship between my son's father and I is a bit rocky and confusing, but I am in love with him. We met in high school and just passed our 4 year anniversary. I don't have any friends so I hope I get to meet other mommys and become friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)