Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (September 22nd)

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 26 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice daySteph

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my3girls857
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi - I have 3 girls, they are not little anymore - My oldest is 26 and is in her 4th year of teaching 1st grade - working on her Masters - she got married last summer and we now have a wonderful son-in-law and granddoggie :)

My second daughter is 22 and will graduate next spring with her teaching degree but she likes the middle school age students - and she has the personality to interact with them. She is very community driven and active in college.

My youngest is 16 and a junior in high school. She keeps us busy. She is active in Marching Band and community clubs. She is what keeps us young :)

I grew up in Wyandotte, Michigan and we currently live not far from there. I married my husband who was from Petoskey, a lovely northern community and thought we would stay there - uh nope - jobs were downstate and so we live down here.

I met my husband at college, NMU  in Marquette Michigan, a place we hope to move to - coincidentally  our middle daughter also attends NMU making her father extremely proud.

I like to sew and do crafts in my down time but that is rare as we are usually busy with family activities, I have 2 wonderful young neices that I don't get to spend nearly enough time with. Two older neices more my own children's age that live farther away, various family and friends that I like to keep in touch with.

I am taking an  on-line tech class and it asked us to look for other forms of social media and this site seemed like something that I could relate too.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So nice to meet you :)

Quoting my3girls857:

Hi - I have 3 girls, they are not little anymore - My oldest is 26 and is in her 4th year of teaching 1st grade - working on her Masters - she got married last summer and we now have a wonderful son-in-law and granddoggie :)

My second daughter is 22 and will graduate next spring with her teaching degree but she likes the middle school age students - and she has the personality to interact with them. She is very community driven and active in college.

My youngest is 16 and a junior in high school. She keeps us busy. She is active in Marching Band and community clubs. She is what keeps us young :)

I grew up in Wyandotte, Michigan and we currently live not far from there. I married my husband who was from Petoskey, a lovely northern community and thought we would stay there - uh nope - jobs were downstate and so we live down here.

I met my husband at college, NMU  in Marquette Michigan, a place we hope to move to - coincidentally  our middle daughter also attends NMU making her father extremely proud.

I like to sew and do crafts in my down time but that is rare as we are usually busy with family activities, I have 2 wonderful young neices that I don't get to spend nearly enough time with. Two older neices more my own children's age that live farther away, various family and friends that I like to keep in touch with.

I am taking an  on-line tech class and it asked us to look for other forms of social media and this site seemed like something that I could relate too.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Hi and welcome to the group! I have nothing but girls myself, but my two are 12 and 13. What kind of crafts do you enjoy?

Quoting my3girls857:

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Welcome to cafemom. Sounds like you are enjoying life, and I'm sure you'll love it here.

Quoting my3girls857:

mo3giOH
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I have 3 girls, My oldest is 8yrs old and in the 3rd grade. My middle child is 7 yrs old and in 2nd grade. And the youngest just turned 4 and in her 2nd year of preschool.

I grew up in Jackson Tennessee and then when I was 11 yrs old we moved to a little town in Ohio.

I actually met my husband while dating one of his friends. I was over my boyfriends house and he invited some of his friends over and thats how I met him. After I graduated from high school is when I actually ran in to him again and we were both single and starting dating. We've been together ever since and married for 8 yrs now! :)

I love reading books. When I have time to you can find me reading a good mystery novel. Occasionally, though I love to reread a romance nove by Nicholas Sparks.

I'm hoping my husband can fix my Jeep so I can take the girls to school, and do my errands in my own car. I've been without the jeep for 3 weeks now, and miss it. I also hate asking my family to borrow their car until mine gets fixed.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Welcome to the group,
I hope you get your jeep fixed as well.
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting mo3giOH:

Hi, I have 3 girls, My oldest is 8yrs old and in the 3rd grade. My middle child is 7 yrs old and in 2nd grade. And the youngest just turned 4 and in her 2nd year of preschool.

I grew up in Jackson Tennessee and then when I was 11 yrs old we moved to a little town in Ohio.

I actually met my husband while dating one of his friends. I was over my boyfriends house and he invited some of his friends over and thats how I met him. After I graduated from high school is when I actually ran in to him again and we were both single and starting dating. We've been together ever since and married for 8 yrs now! :)

I love reading books. When I have time to you can find me reading a good mystery novel. Occasionally, though I love to reread a romance nove by Nicholas Sparks.

I'm hoping my husband can fix my Jeep so I can take the girls to school, and do my errands in my own car. I've been without the jeep for 3 weeks now, and miss it. I also hate asking my family to borrow their car until mine gets fixed.

ConcernedMom727
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Hello,  My name is T.J.  I have 4 children. Boy-13, Girl-9, Boy-8 and girl-3.  I live in Wisconsin.  I would like to chat with someone some time who can help me with my 8 year old boy.  We found out a few years ago that he is diagnosed with Aspergers Disorder and I am looking for helpful hints to help keep him calm and not lash out at people.  We had a very big issue this last Friday that almost got him kicked out of school.

hugss

by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Sorry to hear about what happened.
Here is another group that may be helpful.

Nice to meet you :)

Quoting ConcernedMom727:

Hello,  My name is T.J.  I have 4 children. Boy-13, Girl-9, Boy-8 and girl-3.  I live in Wisconsin.  I would like to chat with someone some time who can help me with my 8 year old boy.  We found out a few years ago that he is diagnosed with Aspergers Disorder and I am looking for helpful hints to help keep him calm and not lash out at people.  We had a very big issue this last Friday that almost got him kicked out of school.

Russ1fan
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Hello! I'm extremely excited to be apart of cafe mom... For starters My name is Racheal Raymond and I have one child my son Russell Raymond (Russ for short) He is five years old and the absolute love of my life. We currently reside in Baltimore, MD where I was born and raised...we acutally live with my parents right now due to me and my husband his father seperating two years ago. He has recently started school this September which is a very exciting time, but has also presented itself to be challenging with some of the behaviors he is displaying in school. Some things I love to do when I am alone is read books, surf web, watching movies, I love to connect with great people and friends. I'm looking forward to connecting with many of you! The greatest thing on my mind today is seeking help and support with raising my son as a single mom. As  I stated before I moved back home with my parents and most of the moms around here are a little older than myself and currently married ( I am married as well but going through divorce) I feel it's hard to connect with the pta moms. Also my son is currently having some focus and behavior issues in school that I am seeking support and advice with. Well that's enough for now. Hello everyone looking forward to getting to know great moms!

boy kissing mom

Russ1fan
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM

hello nice to meet you I"m new on here as well! I enjoyed reading your post. Wow three girls you have your hands full. I commend you! I have one kid and he is a hand full. I hope you get your jeep fixed soon it's nothing like having your own. Good luck to you!

Quotheing mo3giOH:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)