Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (September 25th)

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice daySteph

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4malinda
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Greetings
I am Malinda, I have 3 children 23f, 20f & 17m

I was born & raised in San Francisco, Ca Bay Area and currently the same.

I have my 1st grandson 1yo.

Love my family!!

I met my husband in Oakland, Ca 10 yrs ago.

I love listening to music! So that's what I usually do but it really depends other times I'll just enjoy the silence. Writing poetry.

Well as for my thoughts I'm struggling with my 17m who resides quite a distance away with his father, neither of which have communication as a strength... I'm often left in dark with things. I was able to check his Instagram & Facebook but that's changed. My son says I'm a stalker. I told him, no, I'm your mother & I have a right and responsibility to check in on you. He removed my connection to one of Instagram I'm saddened by this but what are options for me?? Any? Looking for ideas. Support. 😊
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Malinda,
Sorry to hear hat happened ..
Are you able to talk with him at all & share you feelings?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting M4malinda:

Greetings

Love my family!!

I love listening to music! So that's what I usually do but it really depends other times I'll just enjoy the silence. Writing poetry.

Well as for my thoughts I'm struggling with my 17m who resides quite a distance away with his father, neither of which have communication as a strength... I'm often left in dark with things. I was able to check his Instagram & Facebook but that's changed. My son says I'm a stalker. I told him, no, I'm your mother & I have a right and responsibility to check in on you. He removed my connection to one of Instagram I'm saddened by this but what are options for me?? Any? Looking for ideas. Support. 😊

M4malinda
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM
We spoke for quite a while on phone last night but I did tell him I was feeling hurt because he doesn't think I'm important enough to call or text me.

Thank you! For your sweet words

Blessings!
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep trying :)

Quoting M4malinda:

We spoke for quite a while on phone last night but I did tell him I was feeling hurt because he doesn't think I'm important enough to call or text me.

Thank you! For your sweet words

Blessings!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Welcome to cafemom. Sorry about you troubles with you son and ex. Do you trust his Dad to take care of him responsibly?

Quoting M4malinda:

Greetings

Love my family!!

amarple
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Good day everyone!

I'm Anna. I am twenty-four years old and a recent new mom. I have a little girl, Mia, who is five months old. I'm married and staying at home full-time with our baby girl while my hubby goes and works his behind off for us :)

I really enjoy reading (when I have the time) and blogging (also when I have the time). I'm starting a book and trying to find ways to make money from home right now. Something to help out my husband and stimulate my mind. 

I am also an artist. I specialize in drawing and occasional painting, but I'm also dabbling in digital art.

But right now with all that going on I just need to talk to some other women who know what it's all about! Being home everyday, even with daily walks, can make my head a bit fuzzy and contact with the outside world is more than welcome!

So that's me! Hi!

hugss

by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Welcome to the group,
Congrats on your new little girl.
Great to meet you :)

Quoting amarple:

Good day everyone!

I'm Anna. I am twenty-four years old and a recent new mom. I have a little girl, Mia, who is five months old. I'm married and staying at home full-time with our baby girl while my hubby goes and works his behind off for us :)

I really enjoy reading (when I have the time) and blogging (also when I have the time). I'm starting a book and trying to find ways to make money from home right now. Something to help out my husband and stimulate my mind. 

I am also an artist. I specialize in drawing and occasional painting, but I'm also dabbling in digital art.

But right now with all that going on I just need to talk to some other women who know what it's all about! Being home everyday, even with daily walks, can make my head a bit fuzzy and contact with the outside world is more than welcome!

So that's me! Hi!

Krys11anne
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi!

I am a first time mom to my amazing 8 month old daughter Mira. I currently live in the Oregon City area but grew up in Puyallup, Washington. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who never thought we would be able to have children. We have a pretty full house as my brother in law and his girlfriend currently live with us, so free time is completely non existent for me.

Hope I can meet some other moms out there!
amarple
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you and nice to meet you too!

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to the group,
Congrats on your new little girl.
Great to meet you :)

Quoting amarple:

Good day everyone!

So that's me! Hi!

kerrberr17
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm Kerri.

I'm a new step-mom to 2 children (11 year old boy & 9 year old girl).

I grew up first near Boston, MA and then spent my teen/formative years in the SF Bay Area.  I lived in RI for most of my adulthood after that, but I'm now in northeast PA, where I moved 2.5 years ago and met my husband.

I met my husband 2 years ago, through eHarmony, after moving to northeast PA for a fresh start and to be closer to my sister and future nieces and nephews.

In my free time I love relaxing with some good TV or movies.  I love to read.  I'm an avid follower of current events and politics, too. (probably too much so!)

I've been having a bit of trouble getting accustomed to being a step-mom in general, especially since we got them back for primary custody when school started this year.  In particular, I seem to be clashing a lot with my step-son.  He's almost 12, in 6th grade, and to me it seems he's already become as moody and angry as I ever was during my teen years, and I was suffering from the early stages (pre-diagnosis) of bipolar disorder... depression, in particular.  He's had issues with anger and bullying for several years, and has seen a therapist in the past.  We would like to find a new therapist for him to see this year but haven't been able to yet. 

Ultimately, I feel like I should be more sensitive to his moodiness than the average person, considering my own experiences, but we just seem to be arguing all the time about everything.  My husband seems to be able to accept it as he felt like he was very similar at that age.  I just feel like I can never understand because I've never been an 11 yr old boy.

This is the first time I've reached out in a forum like this, but I want to be a better step-mom than I feel I'm being...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)