Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (September 26th)

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice daySteph

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tootsie222
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 girls 18 & 16.I grew up in beaver pa now live in Hopewell pa. Met my husband thru some friends! When I'm by myself I like to relax with a good book or just finally get the TV to myself.I'm easy to get along with.
TMDD
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Hello. I have 3 boys and I have lived in Birmingham all my life.I am now single and raising my kids alone...I love to help others in any way I can and I want to be able to dedicate a lot of my time doing human services. I suffer from extreme anxiety and it sometimes takes over my life completely, isolating me and my kids from the outside world. I have a big heart and I LOVE PEOPLE..
bofias
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this
just d mom
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Welcome to the group,
Are both girls driving now?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting tootsie222:

I have 2 girls 18 & 16.I grew up in beaver pa now live in Hopewell pa. Met my husband thru some friends! When I'm by myself I like to relax with a good book or just finally get the TV to myself.I'm easy to get along with.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How old are your boys?  Great to meet you :)

Quoting TMDD:

Mobile Photo

Hello. I have 3 boys and I have lived in Birmingham all my life.I am now single and raising my kids alone...I love to help others in any way I can and I want to be able to dedicate a lot of my time doing human services. I suffer from extreme anxiety and it sometimes takes over my life completely, isolating me and my kids from the outside world. I have a big heart and I LOVE PEOPLE..

hugss

by Emerald Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Hi & welcome,
How old are your kids?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting bofias:

just d mom

Auds_and_Liam
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello all! My name is Audrey and I just moved to the Lexington area. I am from Florida so moving to Kentucky has been a huge change for me. I have one child, Liam, and he his about to turn 6 months old in just a few days! My husband and I moved here from Pensacola, fl where he was stationed for the navy. He is now retired and we have moved up here for a fresh start outside of the military world. We met when we were just 12 years old in middle school and got married in April of 2012, and found out just a few short months later that we were expecting! Now that we are here, in my free time I really stay around the house as I am a stay at home mom. Hopefully I can meet some new mommy friends so I am not so lonely as I haven't made any friends here yet and would love some play dates or even just someone who relates to me that I can talk to.. Fingers crossed :)

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice daySteph

branwifey
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

hello I am a mom of 4, ages from 12 to 2. 2 boys and 2 girls.. Pretty lucky to have it be that way. I am in california. I met my husband of 9 years in a local chatroom from AOL, which i still use today.. I know right AOL. 

Well I do like to be on cafemom, sadly I like it better than facebook. I have friends on facebook but never talk to them or even see them. and I wish to meet other moms. I do work part time so I am busy with that too and my DH go to school and work also. SO this is for me to use as just for me and enjoy myself. 

and what on my mind today? oh DH asked me if there was a cafemom for dads. there use to be a site a few years ago and now i dont know if there still have the site.

branwifey
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

BUMP!

changingJ
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, I am new here. Just heard of Cafe' mom just today. Looking forward to learning more about the groups and moms here. I hope to make a friend or two here that I can trust for advice and doesn't mind me blowing off steam to them from time to time. I am a mother of 3 beautiful girls, all very unique from one another. We have shared a very troubled and diverse relationship with one another through the years. The love in my heart for these girls are overwhelming and indescribable to the degree in witch I adore admire and crave to be their mother. The  love I have comes with mixed with sorrowful emotions  of regret, pain, guilt, shame.  I haven't been the mom I should have been for them, the one I wanted to be for them so badly. My mommy instincts didn't come as natural as they should and  the struggle of being a young mom, divorced young, without any parent guidance myself to reflect back on... I made so many mistakes ,took too many wrong turns,,I let them down allot, ,let myself down even more And even today I continue to make even more mistakes and bad judgment calls. I could really use some shared wisdom every now and then. Regardless if my babies are 18 and 16 and almost grown. I still have my baby, she's 8 and a 1st granddaughter on her way due at the end of November. I have allot to be grateful for and relationships worth fighting to restore.  Hope this wasn't too gloomy for my first time post. I am usually a cheerful person, well 85% of the time ;) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)