Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (September 30th)

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 79 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice daySteph

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sheketra
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi!
I have an amazing 3 year old little girl. I live in the exact same place I grew up, Buckingham, Virginia. I'm currently single and like to fill my spare time with working to build and further my Passion Party business. At the moment my mind is simply trying to recover from such an eventful day; however, I'm sure my thoughts will soon turn to sleep, as it is well after 1am here.
foxylady4
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi my name is Kelsey,

1.How old are your kids?

I do not have any children. 

I grew up in California, I now reside in Alaska.

I met my husband when I was 21. And we were just friends. 

When I have time to myself, I like to sleep, watch reality tv, walk our dog, and talk to my friends, lately I have not had a lot of time to do any of that!

I have just been working a lot and decided it was time to have the opportunity to see what others go through in trying to conceive, and being successful as my husband and I have started trying.

Juani2013
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello.

My husband and I have a blended family of 4. He has an 18 year old boy and a 14 year old girl.  I have two boys, ages 23 and 16.  At this time we only have my 16 year old son living with us.  Our 23 year old is on his own and working, the 18 year old is in Navy boot camp, and the14 year old lives at home with her mother. 

I grew up in West Texas but currently live in South Texas. My husband and I met through a mutual friend in my home town.  The connection was electrical and I can't imagine not having him in my life!

When I am not working, I enjoy working in the flower bed or wandering about antique shopping and shopping.

Lately, I am have had difficult time enjoying my down time because I am worried about an upcoming navy boot camp graduation.   My step son will be graduating soon and we are going to join him in Chicago.  Obviously his mother will be there, along with her mother, and my step daughter but I am uneasy about the visit.  My husband and I have been married for 5 years so it's not like I have not had to deal with her before. It has become quite trying to be civil with my husband's ex wife and mother-n-law.  Perhaps I feel anxious because our last visit did not go so well initially.  I also believe my step son has a skewed view of his family unit. or maybe I have the skewed view. Honestly, I guess I feel left out and out of place when I am around them all, especially when the children reminisce about their past with their parents....often referring to their "family of four".  Is it normal to feel this way?  I am a grown adult and should be able to deal with this.  

I gladly welcome any feedback or suggestions to get past this feeling of anxiety and despair.

PD91949596
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh.. As you want to enjoy your life.. as i .. but not sure.. because i want to make a lots of friends .. but they all should be lovely and sweet to me.

joanna089
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi! I have an adorable 2-year-old handful of a daughter. I grew up and live in Northern Michigan. While I'm technically a single mother, I am in a committed long-term relationship to a wonderful man who loves my daughter like she were his own. I've known him since I was sixteen (he was my boss), but didn't start dating until my daughter was 8 months old (I was 22). I work in public safety and I'm currently working on becoming a substitute teacher. I don't really have spare time, but when I'm not working I'm spending time with my loved ones, taking care of my home, working out, going to Early Head Start with my daughter, sleeping, or writing. Check out the things I like to write about here: http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/MoreThanAMama

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Sheketra:

Hi!
I have an amazing 3 year old little girl. I live in the exact same place I grew up, Buckingham, Virginia. I'm currently single and like to fill my spare time with working to build and further my Passion Party business. At the moment my mind is simply trying to recover from such an eventful day; however, I'm sure my thoughts will soon turn to sleep, as it is well after 1am here.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Kelsey,
Good luck with tTC!
Great to meet you :)

Quoting foxylady4:

Hi my name is Kelsey,

1.How old are your kids?

I do not have any children. 

I grew up in California, I now reside in Alaska.

I met my husband when I was 21. And we were just friends. 

When I have time to myself, I like to sleep, watch reality tv, walk our dog, and talk to my friends, lately I have not had a lot of time to do any of that!

I have just been working a lot and decided it was time to have the opportunity to see what others go through in trying to conceive, and being successful as my husband and I have started trying.

hugss

by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Welcome to the group,
Hereis another group you may also find helpful.

oin us in Stepmom Central

Quoting Juani2013:

Hello.

My husband and I have a blended family of 4. He has an 18 year old boy and a 14 year old girl.  I have two boys, ages 23 and 16.  At this time we only have my 16 year old son living with us.  Our 23 year old is on his own and working, the 18 year old is in Navy boot camp, and the14 year old lives at home with her mother. 

I grew up in West Texas but currently live in South Texas. My husband and I met through a mutual friend in my home town.  The connection was electrical and I can't imagine not having him in my life!

When I am not working, I enjoy working in the flower bed or wandering about antique shopping and shopping.

Lately, I am have had difficult time enjoying my down time because I am worried about an upcoming navy boot camp graduation.   My step son will be graduating soon and we are going to join him in Chicago.  Obviously his mother will be there, along with her mother, and my step daughter but I am uneasy about the visit.  My husband and I have been married for 5 years so it's not like I have not had to deal with her before. It has become quite trying to be civil with my husband's ex wife and mother-n-law.  Perhaps I feel anxious because our last visit did not go so well initially.  I also believe my step son has a skewed view of his family unit. or maybe I have the skewed view. Honestly, I guess I feel left out and out of place when I am around them all, especially when the children reminisce about their past with their parents....often referring to their "family of four".  Is it normal to feel this way?  I am a grown adult and should be able to deal with this.  

I gladly welcome any feedback or suggestions to get past this feeling of anxiety and despair.

hugss

by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quoting PD91949596:

Oh.. As you want to enjoy your life.. as i .. but not sure.. because i want to make a lots of friends .. but they all should be lovely and sweet to me.

hugss

by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So nice to meet you :)

Quoting joanna089:

Hi! I have an adorable 2-year-old handful of a daughter. I grew up and live in Northern Michigan. While I'm technically a single mother, I am in a committed long-term relationship to a wonderful man who loves my daughter like she were his own. I've known him since I was sixteen (he was my boss), but didn't start dating until my daughter was 8 months old (I was 22). I work in public safety and I'm currently working on becoming a substitute teacher. I don't really have spare time, but when I'm not working I'm spending time with my loved ones, taking care of my home, working out, going to Early Head Start with my daughter, sleeping, or writing. Check out the things I like to write about here: http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/MoreThanAMama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)