Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (September 30th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice daySteph

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (71-79):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Welcome to the group!!

Quoting alice628:

Hi my name is Alicia, I have 4 kids 2 boys 2 girls, ages 23, 16,15,7. My eldest made me a grandma already. I live in California, lived here all my life. All my family lives here as well.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM

What tragic tragic deaths. I am sorry. :(  

I see what you mean about your methods. :)

Quoting BWest0110:

Quoting Bmat

I am very sorry about the loss of your mother and sister.

Thank you.

My mother was forty-six when she succumbed to breast cancer after a six-year battle.

My sister was in a very early stage of cervical cancer. She already had two children (three-year-old girl and one-month old boy) and wasn't planning on having more. The decided course of treatment/prevention was a partial hysterectomy. She came through surgery fine. Hours later, while in a private room, her blood pressure dropped. The nurse acted as if it were no big deal and shut off the alarm from the monitor and elevated my sister's feet. Fifteen minutes later she came back to check on her and found that she was disoriented and barely responsive. An on call doctor and another nurse were called in to assess the situation. They then noticed she had stopped breathing and called a code blue. They worked on her for forty-five minutes and couldn't get her back. The autopsy revealed she had slowly bled-out internally.

My father was killed in an automobile accident when I was two.

Trust me when I say, I hug my family members a little tighter and never leave a room without telling them I love them.  I will never take a single loved one for granted.

Quoting Bmat: 
Hi, Brandy. Welcome to CafeMom! I smiled about your comment about finding your parenting methods out of the norm and therefore encouraging. :)

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. happy(How cute are these SweetPeas?)

Just an example:

Any data that came from studies any later than the 1960's is considered nonsense by a large chunk of our community.  Choosing to not spank my child makes me a pushover in their eyes. They act like I'm crazy when I sit my child down and we discuss why they shouldn't behave a certain way. Then, once the child understands and promises to not do it again, I allow them to go back to their play. However, these same people are forced to admit, my children are polite and very well-behaved anytime we are in public.

Don't get me wrong they can be a hand-full at times. It's just that I am more lenient with them in our own home, but teach them when and where certain behaviors are appropriate and when and where they are not.

Musama
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM

My first born child is three years ten months while my second is two years three months old,they are both girls.I grew up in a town of chingola in the copperbelt Province of Zambia,i currently live in Lumwana mine area in the North Western province.I met my husband when i went visting my elder sis ithe same Lumwana.

I enjoy cooking,reading Novels,watching movies and just having fun. 

Am i pregnant?why is my mouth being filled with so much siliva that i have to spit the whole day?why the pain under my Ribs and on the lower  side of my abdomen? why is my monthly period delayed by about  five days?Am i just sick or pregnant or just worried ?i will find find out soon i guess:that is what is on my mind.

tryin2findmyway
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Thankyou so much!!! Havent been able to enjoy any. Here is my first time opening up about it!

Quoting Bmat:

Hi! Welcome to CafeMom!

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  :)

Quoting tryin2findmyway:

Hii !

I have one beautiful angel named savannah! My first babygirl. I recently have found out im pregnant with my second child, which im excited and anxious about ESPECIALLY for the sex!! I live in the same place i was born, framingham mass, but grew up for some time in natick. I have an amazing boyfriend by my side whom my second child is with. We happend to meet 5 years ago but have spent the last two together. When i have time to myself without having to drag my daughter along and wounder if shes gonna give me a hard time is shop and do things i need to get done faster by myself and i like to read and even nap being newly pregnant and running around with a three year old. Currently im the only one taking care of my first daughter with the help and support on his own of my hunny. I couldnt thank him enough for how hea stepped up for her and does the things he does without me asking and while actually wanting to! Whats on my mind at the moment? My second baby! I have other personal life events im thinking about too. I feel alone sometimes.

Holly2903
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you very much:-)
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) :)

Quoting tryin2findmyway:

Thankyou so much!!! Havent been able to enjoy any. Here is my first time opening up about it!

Quoting Bmat:

Hi! Welcome to CafeMom!

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  :)

Quoting tryin2findmyway:

Hii !

I have one beautiful angel named savannah! My first babygirl. I recently have found out im pregnant with my second child, which im excited and anxious about ESPECIALLY for the sex!! I live in the same place i was born, framingham mass, but grew up for some time in natick. I have an amazing boyfriend by my side whom my second child is with. We happend to meet 5 years ago but have spent the last two together. When i have time to myself without having to drag my daughter along and wounder if shes gonna give me a hard time is shop and do things i need to get done faster by myself and i like to read and even nap being newly pregnant and running around with a three year old. Currently im the only one taking care of my first daughter with the help and support on his own of my hunny. I couldnt thank him enough for how hea stepped up for her and does the things he does without me asking and while actually wanting to! Whats on my mind at the moment? My second baby! I have other personal life events im thinking about too. I feel alone sometimes.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Hello! Welcome! I enjoy reading, watching movies, and having fun. I don't mind cooking but am not very good at it.

I wonder about your symptoms, other than delayed period, the symptoms don't sound like pregnancy. more like acid coming up, or some other health problem.  Of course I am just a mom, not an expert.

Quoting Musama:

My first born child is three years ten months while my second is two years three months old,they are both girls.I grew up in a town of chingola in the copperbelt Province of Zambia,i currently live in Lumwana mine area in the North Western province.I met my husband when i went visting my elder sis ithe same Lumwana.

I enjoy cooking,reading Novels,watching movies and just having fun. 

Am i pregnant?why is my mouth being filled with so much siliva that i have to spit the whole day?why the pain under my Ribs and on the lower  side of my abdomen? why is my monthly period delayed by about  five days?Am i just sick or pregnant or just worried ?i will find find out soon i guess:that is what is on my mind.

MummySimone
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM

hi im totally new here but hopefully will get the hang of cafemum soon. i have 2 children son aged 4 and daughter aged 2, very much a handful but keep me fit. iv recently moved to derbyshire area with my husband and kids leavin miliarty life and civi world is scary afer been living raf life for 4yrs.

need some friendly chatter as husband away and dont no anybody here yet, b nice to hav some adult conversation :)    xxx

Jenniferlb31
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM

1. How old are your kids? 11,9,8,6 Do you have boys or girls? I have 3 Boys and 1 girl and 1 angel baby he passed away in 2004 to sids at 55 months old he was my 9 yr olds twin

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I was born and raised in louisisan I lived in baytown,Tx when I was younger for about 5 yrs

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? we acutally met at walmart lol

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY 

5. What's on your mind today?Just looking to make friends with other moms i stay home ALL the time so I never really get out or get to talk to other mommies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)