Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My grandson has multiple food allergies - NEED HELP!!!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 29 Replies

We just found out this early summer my 9-yr-old grandson has a mess of food allergies making meal preparation a nightmare for my daughter. I am trying to find groups/message boards that have recipes that address these issues in social media. A very small example of his allergies include:

Milk

Soy

Rice

Oats

Corn - you cannot imagine how many foods have some form of corn in it - meal, starch, & of course HFCS.

Veggies - most mealtime veggies like peas, beans, & tomatoes

This has been a total nightmare - she lives in the kitchen making even her own condiments.

If anyone knows any group here on cafemom - or any other website that may help us I would appreciate it so much. Thank you. :)

Laura B

Ahhhhh Mama was a great time but Grandma/Nanna ROCKS!!!!

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

there are loads of support groups and recipes for people with allergies.

anything processed will have soy/corn/milk.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I am having an extremely hard time believing someone could be allergic (true allergies) to all listed above. Not saying it cant happen, I have just never heard of one person and that many different things.

Again, sorry for the doubt and no help.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I just checked Cafemom has lots of groups of people that can relate to your situation for kids with allergies.
goldilocksbecky
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

It is possible.  I have a friend whose daughter is allergic to about 25 different things, including common things like eggs, milk, soy, corn, nuts . . . and even black pepper.

Quoting momdoes:

I am having an extremely hard time believing someone could be allergic (true allergies) to all listed above. Not saying it cant happen, I have just never heard of one person and that many different things.

Again, sorry for the doubt and no help.

princessputter
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

9 is awful late to find out hes allergic..... what are his reactions to these foods?... I honestly have never... ever heard of anyone being allergic to rice..... my children have some food allergies.. heres an example for you... 40% of people allergic to milk.. will be allergic to soy...

princessputter
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like hes going to be a protein.. and potatos.. kinda kid.. they do sell potato milk

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

There are several cooking groups on cm. You may be able to find some recipes. Good luck!

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
An easier thing would be to list what he is NOT allergic to. My aunt is in a very similar situation with herself. She has more food allergies than I have ever seen in one person. Focus on and list what he IS allowed to eat rather than not, and it will be MUCH easier to come up with ideas.
WyoArmyMom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I told my daughter that I believe she is trying to reinvent the wheel - that there have to be help online. You state there is a lot of help but can you guide me to some? Specifically? Thanks!

Laura B

Ahhhhh Mama was a great time but Grandma/Nanna ROCKS!!!!

kitty8199
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Veggies? Like all veggies?

What can this kid eat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN