Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

mom and "nana"

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
my name is tanya and I am a mom of five, and a "nana" to nine grandchildren; which the ninth was just born a few days ago. our grandchildren range from newborn to 12.years old
My husband (known as "O'pa") and I live in Texas and have been married. for nearly 27 years. We both love the LORD Jesus Christ and accepted Him in our hearts many years ago. He has been the strength of our lives through many trials and storms that have come our way. Though I falter HE has ever been faithful.
we teach a teen class at church and love interacting with them. and of course our grandkids keep us busy too...which we love.
not sure how many grandmas are on here, but we are still Moms :-) and if we can encourage or be encouraged theres always room for that.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I'm also a mom of 5 and a 'MeeMaw' of 16 living grandkids and 2 angel grandbabies .. my dh is know as 'Gramps'.  We live in VA.  Nice to have you join us.

jamielynnef2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

"Nanas" are very important to the grand babies! I myself have a nana :-) her and my pop raised my brother and I and 3 of our cousins ;-) I  live in texas with 4 children of my own and 2 now adult brothers that my husband and I raised.  I agree with your statement about being encouraged and encouraging others! There are a lot of great ladies here and some really great groups. You just have to weave through the drama queens and trolls, but don't let them discourage you!

Dezie85
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother. Is a mom of four and "Nana" to 3 with one more grandchild on the way. MY mom is a life saver when My 7 YO's father and I broke up (when my son was only 3 YO) she basically helped me to raise my son. He considers her his second mother. YES NANA's SHOULD MOST DEFINITELY BE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN. 

grandmaThank god for Grandma's

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcoem to the group,
How wonderful you have those lovely grandchildren :)

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Welcome. How exciting to get to enjoy your grandchildren now. Are all your children/grandchildren fairly local?

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, and welcome to cafemom! I am grandma to 12, great grandma to 7, so you can see this is a site for anyone! I am currently raising a 7 y/o great granddaughter, so I'm a mom again too. Nice to meet you.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

We have lots of grandmothers on here!  Glad to have you join us.

nana9grandkids
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quoting dingysfamily:

I'm also a mom of 5 and a 'MeeMaw' of 16 living grandkids and 2 angel grandbabies .. my dh is know as 'Gramps'.  We live in VA.  Nice to have you join us.

nana9grandkids
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
wow that is wonderful....they can keep you busy but they are a joy
nana9grandkids
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting funhappymom:

Welcome. How exciting to get to enjoy your grandchildren now. Are all your children/grandchildren fairly local?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)