Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

50 Shades Of Grey casting Official

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

Sorry if it's been posted already but, kinda disappointed to be honest lol!

'Fifty Shades of Grey': Charlie Hunnam to play Christian Grey

"Fifty Shades of Grey" novelist E.L. James was very busy on Twitter on Monday morning. No sooner had she announced that Dakota Johnson ("Ben and Kate") had been cast in the feature film version of her erotic novel as Anastasia Steele she broke some other news too.

"The gorgeous and talented Charlie Hunnam will be Christian Grey in the film adaptation of 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' " she wrote.

Though Johnson's casting was a surprise, Hunnam's name had been bandied about of late as one of the leading candidates to play the 27-year-old billionaire who finds romance with a college student.

The 33-year-old British heartthrob is best known as Jackson "Jax" Teller on "Sons of Anarchy," FX's series about an outlaw motorcycle club.  He was also seen this summer flexing his muscles as Raleigh Beckett in Guillermo del Toro's"Pacific Rim."

The casting of Johnson and Hunnam ends months of speculation about who would play the lead roles in the adaptation of the first book in James' "Fifty Shades" trilogy. The trilogy has sold 70 million copies worldwide in e-book and print, making the romances one of the fastest selling book series.

Universal Pictures and Focus Features plan to release "Fifty Shades of Grey" on Aug. 1, 2014. Kelly Marcel is adapting James' book, and Sam Taylor-Johnson ("Nowhere Book") is set to direct.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-charlie-hunnam-fifty-shades-of-grey-20130902,0,5013080.story

'Fifty Shades of Grey': Dakota Johnson cast as Anastasia Steele

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-dakota-johnson-fifty-shades-of-grey-20130902,0,5514383.story

Heather- Air Force Wife, Mom of two, Retired at age 25 thanks to It Works Global!
There are people that will tell you that you can't do it. They will even try to hold you back. However, it only means THEY can't do it. You can do anything you set your mind to and are willing to work hard to get.

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Eh, whatever. Won't be see the movie anyways.
sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Hmmm... have to see the movie despite that I KNOW I will not measure up by even a fraction... I just don't see these 2 as Christian & Anastasia.... so the disappointment begins..m
RADmomma
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM
These don't seem like a good fit at all.
Aslen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Said it before, and I'll say it again.

WORST CASTING since One For The Money

ZanderandBella
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Ian Somerhalder totally had my vote. I didn't really have anyone in mind for Anastasia but I really do not think these two fit. Guess I will have to wait and see.

daytonbaby210
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I like charlie hunnam but not enough for this part. I really wanted ian somerhalder to get it. I doubt I will see the movie because to me it would be a waste of money.

momto3infl
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I dont see it either, but they are probably cheaper than big name people that we hoped.

Due9
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

It's easier to use your imagination with people that are not as well known-like Brad Pitt or something. I think that's why they chose them. I think they're an okay fit for the roles

Perfctmomof3brm
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Am I th e only one whos really happy about who got picked?! I dont really know their work but I can totally see them playing Ana and Grey. Just super glad its not Rpatts like EL James originally wanted..ew!
supertech210
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh, I'm not feelin them either. I do agree thank God its not rpatts!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)