Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40 weeks 3 days, feeling angry and frustrated...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello everyone :) 

Just wanted some advice and I suppose some support from other moms who can relate.

I was due on August 31st. Today is September 2nd. I KNOW that EDD's are just estimates, but most pregnant women know that it's tough to get your hopes up to meet your LO and see your EDD come and go. 

A few days ago my mucus plug came out but since then I've had no other signs of oncoming labor. My contractions are frequent but not 5-1-1 and not increasing in strength. I have moderate cervical pressure. I've done EVERY SINGLE THING YOU CAN IMAGINE THAT IVE READ ONLINE OR HEARD FROM OTHER PEOPLE to get my labor going, but with no results. If I hear, "He'll come when he's ready," one more time, I'm going to shoot someone. 

I hate to admit this but since this is an open forum I guess it's okay to tell that I'm starting to hate my baby. I know he is a COMPLETLY INNOCENT SOUL and he has nothing to do with it, but I'm starting to go nuts and I can't help but start to have feelings of resentment toward him. I've had everything ready for him for weeks and I almost feel like he's doing this on purpose (even though I KNOW THAT IS NOT TRUE).

I have my next obgyn appt on Thursday, 5 days past my EDD. Does anyone know if I ask to be induced (I'm currently 1cm and 50% effaced) if my ob has to comply or if he can refuse? 

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM
They can refuse.

I went to 41.3 weeks with all 3 of mine (I went into labor naturally. Weird, right?)
If honestly wait until your body went into labor, unless the doctor sees a risk to you or baby's health.
Inducing has so many risks, I've always passed it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM
They don't have to comply but very few will refuse if the baby isnt here by next week which would be week 41 .42 weeks is the deadline
katherine50
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM
They can refuse but you can ask it ant hurt I was in active labor for two weeks and my doc finally said ok lets give you pitosin. It is evil but it works. It make contractions harder and faster. I had a floating uterus and then come to find out I have endometriosis still had a baby:). Ask ur Dr they will probly say yes.
mamatiff06
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM
id be careful just because you said your plugs already come out though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM

They can refuse, unfortunately for you. Before you know it baby will be here and you won't remember much of these last couple of days.

MetalMamaTo3
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

You won't be pregnant forever. It's a finite thing. I carried my first girl to 42 weeks. I know it is frustrating, but you have to trust your baby and your body to know what is best for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)