Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Twice the trouble, having twins but too young too

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

I went to the doctor today and they found to heartbeats. I'm even more scared now and I'm only 16. Can someone give me any advice and answer my questions? I'm small, is 2 babies going  to kill me or cause serious problems?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM

hugs

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I know how scared you must be young one!

Your dr will help you answer any questions you maight have. Write them down as you think of them and take them with you to your next appt.

I will say, you are going to have dig down deep for the strength you are going to need! I wont lie to you, it is going to rough all around. Pregnancy, delivery and then the joy of raising and caring for two at one time! Its hard on older moms too just the same! You have taken a good step tho by joining here. Just dont let some scare you!

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM

i searched for groups for moms of twins. here is a link. maybe other moms of twins can give you some support on this

http://www.cafemom.com/search/index.php?keyword=twins

tnt-manda
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Take this advice. Well said.

Quoting momdoes:

I know how scared you must be young one!

Your dr will help you answer any questions you maight have. Write them down as you think of them and take them with you to your next appt.

I will say, you are going to have dig down deep for the strength you are going to need! I wont lie to you, it is going to rough all around. Pregnancy, delivery and then the joy of raising and caring for two at one time! Its hard on older moms too just the same! You have taken a good step tho by joining here. Just dont let some scare you!

Mama9512
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My sister in law weighed 100 lbs when she found out she was pregnabt with twins, her abd her boys are perfectly healthy abd she carried them full term. If you seek prenatal care abd take care if yourself, you will be fine.

If you need a support group message me and I'll give you some details, I'm sure my sister in law would be glad to talk to you about your concerns and I know she is part of a young mothers of twins group so they may be able to help you.

Good luck!
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Best of luck to you.  It will be a lot of work, but you will come through this with determination and love. Be sure to talk about your concerns with your doctor.

Click here for the Pregnancy group...

Nela12
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I am 17 & just found out im pregnant too. It's so nerve wrecking having to think about everything. My first appt. Is Wed. And im so nervous! How far along are you?
momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Do you have family support?If so they will help you get through it.So will your dr.Your body will be able to handle it. Congrats!!

cookie0872
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM

16 weeks plus or minus some. Message me and we can help each other through this. I probably know as much as u, plus about the diameter of a cell worth. Let me know what they say on Wednesday and maybe u can ask them questions I need. Is the baby's father in the picture?

cookie0872
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM

No, I don't have any sort of family support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)