Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm a sahm we make 3400 a month

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 49 Replies
Ask me anything. P.s we are blessed with two boys
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I am too. My husband makes more than that.

Lol

And thank god, because our bills are a bit over $3400/mo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CharmMom1216
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM
B
iwanabemomie
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing wrong with that. I've lived off far less. No questions here.

ayacocca
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Wow! what do u do?
CharmMom1216
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Coupon. Plan budget. I'm in the reserve that's our insurance tri care. Shop only during sales. We shop at once upon a child. Save for family vacations.

Quoting ayacocca:

Wow! what do u do?

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Id work if DH only made that much.  If it works for you, great.  That does not cover our bills, much less extras.

Y2kmomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Do you have any state assistance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattedReader
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
um I'm a SAHM also, living in the Maryland/ DC area. My DHs monthly income is about that, sometimes less depending on OT availability. We plan , we budget, we coupon, he bought this house at the best possible time in the worst condition and one bedroom less than it is now. He took $50k and remodeled top to bottom himself, added an extension with the master suite, dining room and laundry room. Added a 2 story garage, a fence, a 800 sq ft deck and pool. It seems impossible yes? But somehow we do it. We take vacations, trips, own 4 vehicles (a vintage mustang, a motorcycle, a new 4 door jeep and my trailblazer) Sure, because he's a FF we do good with tax return but we always make the most of it. We have savings. So that's why it does irritate me when I see people saying its impossible to stay at home to raise your kid because your husband doesn't make enough. Chances are he makes more than mine and we live a pretty awesome life and my kids have had me with them for 3 years now.
CharmMom1216
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
No. I'm in the army reserve that's our insurance. He makes too much in our state. N I coupon for food n clothes

Quoting Y2kmomma:

Do you have any state assistance?

CharmMom1216
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Oooo. I'm in the army reserve n we have a house n car. How much are your bills? How many kids?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Id work if DH only made that much.  If it works for you, great.  That does not cover our bills, much less extras.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)