Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ask me anything. P.s we are blessed with two boys
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

ok?

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM

My house payment is $600 a month.  We paid cash for the house but we have a home improvement loan on it.  we also have in our budget $500 a month in home repairs.  we dont always spend it each month.  we didnt do a ton over the summer but we are spending nearly $15,000 for siding this month.  My kids activities for 3 kids is nearly $1000 per month.  groceries for 5, my husband is a marathon runner and eats a ton as well as having 2 teens brings up the bill immensely.  Internet, phone, other utilities are about $1000 a month.  (the kids have iPhones) car insurance (teen driver on there) gas, and other car related expenses are about $500 a month.  We have insurance  but it doesnt cover the $17,000 in braces we bought over the last few years or the copays for 2 kids with type 1 diabetes.  All that is another $500 a month. 

All that is over $4000 a month and that does not include putting money into savings, clothes, entertainment and vacations.... To live without fear we need at minimum $6000 a month.  I am a teacher but im due with our 4th child soon so I took this year off. 

Quoting CharmMom1216:

Oooo. I'm in the army reserve n we have a house n car. How much are your bills? How many kids?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Id work if DH only made that much.  If it works for you, great.  That does not cover our bills, much less extras.

coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Why is everyone acting like that is little money. That's a lot where I'm at! Most make way less than that and are comfortable. I know we'd live just fine off of that. We are fine now with much less.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I would love to work from home. Everything seems to be a scam. :/
Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM
My husband makes less than that and I'm a SAHM. We are not on any type if assistance.
CharmMom1216
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I agree in another post a lady saids that's low incone

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Why is everyone acting like that is little money. That's a lot where I'm at! Most make way less than that and are comfortable. I know we'd live just fine off of that. We are fine now with much less.

coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting CharmMom1216:

I agree in another post a lady saids that's low incone

Quoting coupon_ash_back:Why is everyone acting like that is little money. That's a lot where I'm at! Most make way less than that and are comfortable. I know we'd live just fine off of that. We are fine now with much less.

maybe where she's at lol. Then again most people do not so smart things with money. A family doesn't need cable or smart phones to survive, or 2013 cars.
swishyskirt
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM

My husband makes a little less than 2,000 a month.  We have one little one on the way and are already depending on his income completely.  We are doing just fine, but I am wondering how you cut costs of what an infant needs?  I am planning on breast feeding, so that will help.  Also, we do not have our own laundry, so cloth diapers are not cost effective for us.

Sophiana
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Does your husband makes that or you work from home? 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM

That is cool. We make a few thousand more. But i love staying home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN