Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ask me anything. P.s we are blessed with two boys
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Wow there is no way we could live off of $3400 a month. My husband makes almost $8000 a month. We are able to put away almost $2000 a month in to savings.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM
DH makes less than that and we do just fine with a house, two vehicles, two kids, two cats and a dog. It can be done. What area of the US do you live in?
Beenhereforever
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I'm a sahm too. Hubby is a truck driver.
sabl1720
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I agree. My husband used to make half that much, and we always managed. Now he makes about that much, and we are very comfortable. Our bills are paid, and we are saving. We can eat out when we want to, take trips, pay for our kids sports and buy home improvement material if needed. We have 4 kids, a dog, a couple of cats, 2 goats and a pig. We are doing great!

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Why is everyone acting like that is little money. That's a lot where I'm at! Most make way less than that and are comfortable. I know we'd live just fine off of that. We are fine now with much less.

Pjzwifey
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Im a SAHM and my hubby only makes about 1600 a mo. Then i get 710 from ssi for my newborn he was born sga so he gets ssi for 1 yr. So right now we are living fairly well on about 2300 mo. We do not own a home yet, but we plan to buy soon. I have 2 babys. My girl 6yrs old and my boy 3 mo old. 

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
We make $4500 a month and only about $500 of that is what I earn because I have a very part time babysitting job so the other $4000 is what he earns. We're able to pay our bills will a little left over and our "bills" include Androids phones, DirecTv and activities for our boys. We're just south of the Twin Cities. My sister is downtown Minneapolis and they would be broke on what we make. Their apartment alone (2 bed 1 bath) is $1600 a month, not including their cars, vacations and everything else. Luckily, he's a lawyer and she owns her own successful travel agent business and works for herself.
CharmMom1216
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
At our baby shower we ask for diaprrs only

Quoting swishyskirt:

My husband makes a little less than 2,000 a month.  We have one little one on the way and are already depending on his income completely.  We are doing just fine, but I am wondering how you cut costs of what an infant needs?  I am planning on breast feeding, so that will help.  Also, we do not have our own laundry, so cloth diapers are not cost effective for us.

thorntonwife
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is in the military and we don't make that much lol, but we have 3 kids and some how make it. All I can say is im so glad he is about to get a pay increase. :)
CharmMom1216
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Maryland

Quoting RheaF:

DH makes less than that and we do just fine with a house, two vehicles, two kids, two cats and a dog. It can be done. What area of the US do you live in?

CharmMom1216
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Why. Cause of bills

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Wow there is no way we could live off of $3400 a month. My husband makes almost $8000 a month. We are able to put away almost $2000 a month in to savings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)