Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Party planning, need advice

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have to organize finger food and beverage for a event with about 50 people. I have NO idea how to know how much to get. Any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA!
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Cucumber sandwiches are always a good hit. Mini pigs in a blanket, mini hotdogs in bbq sauce.. Id go to your local sams club or costco get allot for cheap. Minni egg rolls are good too. Good luck
Texasgal99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I'm just not sure how much of each food item/ drinks to get.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Cucumber sandwiches are always a good hit. Mini pigs in a blanket, mini hotdogs in bbq sauce.. Id go to your local sams club or costco get allot for cheap. Minni egg rolls are good too. Good luck

Scentsyfl
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hello!

If you can share a little more info about your party maybe I could help out.The key question here is the run time, another considerable question is rather or not your serving alcohol. I consulted with a friend of mine that has a sufficient background in catering suggested to me that you estimate 1lb of food per person.

Texasgal99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM
It's a 30 min social time before a monthly meeting. It's at 6:00 pm. Beverages will be beer, wine and water. I plan to budget for two drinks per person, plus a few extra waters. Right now I'm planning four finger food ideas for the menu... chips and queso/ salsa, chicken taquitos, pinwheels, and undecided on the fourth, but keeping with a Mexican theme, maybe a dessert type food. Not sure how much of each food.

Quoting Scentsyfl:

Hello!

If you can share a little more info about your party maybe I could help out.The key question here is the run time, another considerable question is rather or not your serving alcohol. I consulted with a friend of mine that has a sufficient background in catering suggested to me that you estimate 1lb of food per person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN