Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ovulating or fertile?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
ok all you moms there was a great debate at work the other day, i wanna put your smarts and know how to the test.

So there was some great debate at work over, when is it technically that time your most likely to get pg... while ovulating or while fertile, all opinions, ideas, or pure knowledge welcome, moms, nurses, doctors, old timers and new comers fill us in
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:23 PM

What is your definition of fertile?  What do you mean by ovulating?  I consider myself fertile all month as i am able to become pregnant.  I am not infertile.  Well, I cant get newly pregnant now as im in my 3rd trimester but Im fertile.  Do you mean the day I ovulate for ovulation or the time surrounding ovulation?  

kmerwin1987
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Fertile is, the days the egg is traveling, ovulatibg are the days in which its is trying to mix with the egg. Sorry for not being more definate

Quoting NDADanceMom:

What is your definition of fertile?  What do you mean by ovulating?  I consider myself fertile all month as i am able to become pregnant.  I am not infertile.  Well, I cant get newly pregnant now as im in my 3rd trimester but Im fertile.  Do you mean the day I ovulate for ovulation or the time surrounding ovulation?  

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I have never heard those definitions before so I could not answer.  Ovulating to me is when the egg is being released from the ovary. 

Quoting kmerwin1987:

Fertile is, the days the egg is traveling, ovulatibg are the days in which its is trying to mix with the egg. Sorry for not being more definate

Quoting NDADanceMom:

MixedCooke
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM

typically women are fertile about 3 days of the entire month. The day prior to ovulation, the day of ovulation and the day after ovulation.  We have about a week of a window though because in some cases, the sperm can survive within us for a few days. Ovulation generally occurs 10 days following the first day of our period.

MWood18
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM
you are fertile during ovulation. so a few days before and after you can get pregnant. fertile days are considered 4-17 based on a 28 day cycle
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM

LOL......I thought in a helathy, intact woman, they were one in the same. For me tho, I still ovulate but I am not fertile as I had a hysterectomy a year ago.

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM

http://www.tcoyf.com/content/FertMyths.aspx

I don't see what there is much to debate over it. All it takes is a little education

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN